Milled Some Lumber After Long Hiatus

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedChristiansen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My mill has been at my dad's in Michigan since I moved to Texas 1-1/2 years ago. It was cold (20F and windy), but fun. I don't have a video of my milling setup (Logosol Woodworkers Mill with Husky 385XP, 16" bar with Stihl low profile ripping chain), but there is one on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x04xe1gLb1A

Attached are pictures of the booty (lumber).

Ted

Most of it is ash, with a couple of walnut and spruce boards. This is my dad's lumber, he will make furniture projects out of it.

Ted

Good job Ted... curious what did the wife say to your stickering the lumber in front of the living room sofa?

Woodshop,

That was my dad's doing - not sure if my mother saw that yet, though I can say for certain she wasn't pleased. This is in the basement however, so it's not the same as the wood being stacked in living room (we sawmillers would like that though !:clap:).

Ted

Good to see you back Ted, was wondering what happened to you. Talk about cold, just came back from Western Maryland in the mountains. Wind was blowing, snow was flying, almost white out conditions and the temp was 18 yesterday afternoon and 13 this morning. However better by lunch time and the roads had cleared up. Happy milling in the new year. lmbeachy

Great job!!!

Thats some nice lumber...........Thanks for sharing..

About Time!!

Hey Ted! I was wondering when you were going to get back to slab'in some lumber. No milling for me only firewood for BTU's!!! it's been cold here too.

Kyle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back