milling

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wesgillock

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
new to site maybe someone can assist me. I'm useing a logsol mill with 066 magnum 24" 3/8 7 tooth two peice sproket. This saw ran fine with 3/8 7 solid sproket but now all of a sudden its blowing the e clip off and burnig up berrings. I cut hard wood and soft white pine. This is a used system but my frind i got it from has never had this problem with one pice sproket.

More than likely the bearing surface inside the clutch drum is rough. This being the case, the fit between the bearing and drum isn't tight enough, and the drum wobbles. This will eat the bearing and probably the cause of the clips coming off.

Get a NEW clutch drum/rim sprocket and bearing. The stuff is about $20 from Baileys. Grease the bearing before using it.

Wes, it sounds like you need to call Logosol and talk to those folks. I don't know about the Stihl because I run the 385 husky, but I do know the 63pmx chain and the 3/8 chain are NOT the same size. And by your post, you said you have a different sprocket on your saw. I will tell you that back about three years ago, I bought a sprocket from Bailey's (3/8--7 tooth) to save a buck. It had a different part No. than the one from Logosol we use with the 63pmx stihl chain. I do still use that sprocket, I just use it with a 36" standard 3/8 chain from Bailey's. What I'm trying to tell you is, us folks that run these things (the Logosol M7) end up spending $2 trying to save 50 cents.

Hope this helps
Rodney

Back