Minnesota Weather

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today was darn near awesome for Minnesota in January. 40 something degrees, lots of melting, lots of mud. But.........It reminds me of poor Capt. Billy Tyne when he makes it to the center of the hurricane only to be devoured by the other side. Hopefully that will not be the case for us this winter. :givebeer:

the-perfect-storm.jpg

Today was darn near awesome for Minnesota in January. 40 something degrees, lots of melting, lots of mud. But.........It reminds me of poor Capt. Billy Tyne when he makes it to the center of the hurricane only to be devoured by the other side. Hopefully that will not be the case for us this winter. :givebeer:

View attachment 482790

The pendulum always swings back. Enjoy it while it is here.

well, you guys are in "America's Siberia"...so, yea, enjoy it while you can. I remember last year some one saying that septic tanks or lines froze! wtf!!

well, you guys are in "America's Siberia"...so, yea, enjoy it while you can. I remember last year some one saying that septic tanks or lines froze! wtf!!

That is an issue if there is little snow cover and cold temps. Poorly laid septic fields or ones with little activity are prone to freezing. A regular visit to the DQ for a Flamethrower burger works well to keep the tank thawed ;)

Today was darn near awesome for Minnesota in January. 40 something degrees...
WOW... good for you, we managed 38° today.
Tuesday is lookin' like we'll pay for it... 8-12, maybe 14 inches of snow with 40 MPH winds.
The 2016 blizzard appears to be coming this week.
(Of course, "they" could be wrong... it has happened before.)

WOW... good for you, we managed 38° today.
Tuesday is lookin' like we'll pay for it... 8-12, maybe 14 inches of snow with 40 MPH winds.
The 2016 blizzard appears to be coming this week.
(Of course, "they" could be wrong... it has happened before.)
The weather guessers are caling for up to 10 inches for us. I will make sure the wood boxes are full tomorrow before the snow comes. Gotta fill the bird feeders also.

The weather down here in Texas has been a bit crazy too. The last few days it has been in the 70's. Today it was so hot I had to turn on the auto AC. All last week I was splitting firewood and working up a sweat. My pastures are so green I can run some cattle without putting out any hay; If I had any cattle. Later next week it will turn cooler and I plan to work on the ole wood pile.

Nasty storm weather this week, jet stream cold meets gulf hot and moist, right overhead..I am not going to say the T word..I still have PTSD from the last one... .tomorrow going to deliver some hickory and sharpen chains for the guy, then sharpen some of my own. Extra uglies weights on the top covers on the stacks, and stuff like that. Hit close to 70 today, no fire going right now. Tomorrow morning I will light one though..because I can!

48ºF here today and 56ºF for tomorrow but the rain percentage from the ouiga board folks is 100% for tomorrow.

That is an issue if there is little snow cover and cold temps. Poorly laid septic fields or ones with little activity are prone to freezing. A regular visit to the DQ for a Flamethrower burger works well to keep the tank thawed ;)

How deep do you guys drop the tank and field? Here it's usually about 5-6ft from the top of the tank. Water lines go 10-12ft.

Just started to snow lightly at 10. Forecast is for 6-10 inches, maybe a little bit more. Topped off the wood boxes this morning and bird feeders are full. Let it snow:popcorn2:

Many metro schools have already cancelled afternoon classes and most all have cancelled evening events. WTF has happened with MN folks being tough? Not any more.

We didn't get school cancelled unless there was already 10" of fresh snow on the ground or freezing rain had started building up.

I had 3 "cold" weather days in my school career and that was during the winter of 96 when all major records were shattered.

Many metro schools have already cancelled afternoon classes and most all have cancelled evening events. WTF has happened with MN folks being tough? Not any more.

We didn't get school cancelled unless there was already 10" of fresh snow on the ground or freezing rain had started building up.

I had 3 "cold" weather days in my school career and that was during the winter of 96 when all major records were shattered.
its called being pc,,in the whole USA. getting to be,,a nation of pansies..........

its called being pc,,in the whole USA. getting to be,,a nation of pansies..........
I call it the pussification of America. Participation trophies to all. Take from those who work hard and give to those who don't.

Don't get me started. My BB team (#1 seed, one loss all season) just got reffed out of a tournament last weekend so the low seeds could win. Happens every year to the top seeds in this specific tournament. Total BS.

Amen to that. I grew up on a small farm in N Iday. Lucky me, the school (all 8 grades in one room) was on the half section line only a 1/2 mile from the house. Some students had over a 3 mile hike. Some rode horses, one "rich" kid had a Cushman but the rest of us it was shanks mare. "Snow day"? Never heard of such nonsense until the late years of last century. One extreme idiocy I have seen is thelocal bus route. Kids gather in clumps on main street to be picke up by a bus. School is 6 blocks away.

Harry K

I call it the pussification of America. Participation trophies to all. Take from those who work hard and give to those who don't.

Don't get me started. My BB team (#1 seed, one loss all season) just got reffed out of a tournament last weekend so the low seeds could win. Happens every year to the top seeds in this specific tournament. Total BS.
parents of that area,, need to band together,, and take down the damn monarchy!!!! what a crock....

A decent amount of snow and wind today in southern MN. I took this picture out the window from my office after only 1.5 hours after it started. Probably close to 8" now. Still can't believe they canceled schools yesterday for this. 20160202_114856.jpg

How deep do you guys drop the tank and field? Here it's usually about 5-6ft from the top of the tank. Water lines go 10-12ft.

Top of my septic tank may be 12" under. Near enough to the surface to melt light snow. Not a really a bad thing as I can get a high water table here some years. Water lines are likely near as deep as yours.

Back