Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy thanksgiving, Hope you motley crew have a good one with you and yours. I've got a lot to be thankful for, always do.
Stuff my face today, maybe try to catch some crappies tomorrow, shoot some roosters on Saturday then a pig roast after, then some sort of Sunday funday.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well. I'm gonna eat like a pig today then we are thinking about trying a little tip-up fishing tomorrow for some northerns. I think I will be playing with some saws on Saturday and maybe Sunday as well. I have to get out and try my chainsaw mill, it's driving me nuts that I haven't gotten a chance to use it yet.

Me, Adam, my brother and a friend of his went out on Rush Lake last Friday and me and Adam each caught a northern. Not much action but it was fun to get out on the lake. 6" of real nice clear ice, it was cool to catch the northerns on tip-ups and be able to watch them thru the ice as they came towards the hole. On Saturday and Sunday I was playing around with saws, I got to finally try out my chainsaw mill. I used my 694 Solo for a while until it developed a fuel leak then I put the mill on my Stumpbroke 6401 (79cc) Makita. I milled up 5 nice slabs of white oak. 9' long by about 24" wide. Each cut took a FULL tank of gas. It was a lot of fun, I look forward to using it some more. As far as deer hunting goes, I shot a 4point and 2 does opening weekend and didn't see anything else. I got deer but I would say it was a fairly poor hunting season. Didn't see much and the weather wasn't nice, Damn wind!!!

Hi Scott. It's been a long time since we've been down your way. I still owe you some money, I haven't forgotten. Me and Sarah will have to make a trip down soon. I think there was talk about doing the races at tdawgs again in February I think. I don't want to wait that long.
Did someone say saw races??!!
And fish fry???

We got an inch yesterday, supposed to get nine more tonight/tomorrow. It started yesterday when I was in the weight room at school. That gave me some good motivation to finish faster then go home and make sure the ol' Polaris is running good!

Hey how is everybody doin. Been a while since I been on here. Tried getting on during the linkbucks fiasco but gave up. Good to see the site up and running again.
Anybody need some snow we got plenty up here with 6" on the ground and another 6 to 10 coming. I'm with you Andy I'm tired of it already too.

Latest posts

Back