Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had about -5 below this morning. And the tires for the truck that hve been on backorder for 4 weeks finally showed up and were put on today, just in time for snow tonight/tomorrow. Much rather deal with snow than this rainy/icey garbage we've been getting.

We havent gotten any snow here, right now, but certainly have the cold. Its around 6 degrees this morning and wind, too.
Our first shotgun season for deer starts tomorrow, Dec.7th, and it is going to be awfully cold to sit on stand for any amount of time. The kids are wanting to go out this year during our regular season and now we get frigid temps, so we'll see how good they are at staying warm. We have 10 depredation tags from the state biologist to fill and the kids wanted to help eliminate some of those antlerless baby makers!!! Wish we could use rifles........got a couple very accurate muzzleloaders and have added two heavy barreled 20 gauge slug specific shotguns to the deer arsenal, so we should be good to go.
After deer seasons are over, we get serious about cutting wood, so got that to look forward too!

Growing up in southern MN I am used to the old slug slingers myself but a good rifled barrel and a good sabot or rifled barrel specific slug like the Brenneke's and your good to go out to at least 100yds, add a scope if your regulations allow and 200yds isn't out of the question if you know your gun.
Actually after moving north into a "rifle" zone, if I'm on stand I probably have the 7mm rem mag but if I'm out walkin the woods you can bet I have the old 12 ga slug slinger in hand. You can't get a better "brush gun".

Good morning Vietnam! OH wait its too damn cold to be nam.
Good morning frozen tundra. Didn't know we had that in the lower 48 but i
I'm starting to wonder. -19 this morning of Dec 15. Makes a guy wonder what's in store for us in January.

I am planning on making it to the party. Have to be after I go to Jim's visitation. Hockey on Saturday so won't make the funeral

Looking thru some photo's and saw this. Getting ready to go to chainsaw races. Nice green grass, warm weather, looks nice.
Looks nice........but then I remember the heat, humidity, bugs and overall uncomfortableness of summer and am glad to get a break from it.
I REALLY ENJOY CUTTING AND GATHERING WOOD MORE IN THIS WEATHER WE ARE HAVING NOW!

Looking thru some photo's and saw this. Getting ready to go to chainsaw races. Nice green grass, warm weather, looks nice.

Seeing that green grass i'm kinda like a deer in headlights but like Ronaldo said the bugs and heat I don't miss. Thing is I had plans of getting a bunch of dead fall and beaver fall cleaned up this winter and with well over a foot of snow already on the ground, that dream is quickly becoming just that, a dream.

Latest posts

Back