Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel pump isn't bad. It's pumping fuel. I will get fuel pressure tonight and maybe try to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sounds like bad fuel in the line and you may need to run a ohm test on injectors volt test on power plugs to injector and pressure test fuel system
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying the weather and staying busy. I am in a bit of a dilema. I picked up a 1999 chevy 3/4 ton and it isn't running. After getting it home i started looking into the reason for it to not start. Wondering if anyone on here knows a few things about the 5.7L vortec?

What it's doing now: turns over. Fuel pump is working and fuel is flowing. I replaced fuel filter. The engine has spark and will fire and stay running for about 10 to 15 seconds with gas being poured down the throttle body.

Gas smelt terrible. Had 1/4 tank in it when I got it. I added 5 gallons of fresh gas to the tank. Still no fire. The previous owner said it is the rotor that is bad. To me the rotor isn't bad if the engine has spark.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I need to get this truck up and running asap as it is my firewood delivery truck.

I'd be willing to give beer? For anyone who might be able to stop over and have a look at it? I'm not able to get it to a shop due to low funds. Hence the need to sell firewood.

Any Information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Cut a flap door in the box. Three sides cut and one to fold on. Use this panel to access the fuel pump. Done a few buddies trucks this way. I drive Fords so I've never had to do one of mine. ;)
I've seen that done. I was going to suggest that but you beat me to it.
Fuel pump isn't bad. It's pumping fuel. I will get fuel pressure tonight and maybe try to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

If you don't have at least 45psi, it probably the pump not the pressure regulator. I've heard of people having over 40psi and no start.

So I did the fuel pressure test tonight and it tells me I'm at 10psi. I'll be cutting the flap in the box. All you guys who thought it was the fuel pump can say I told ya so. Haha.

Still working on the truck. New fuel lines to and from engine. New fuel pump. New fuel pump ground wire. Replacing fuel pressure regulator tonight. It starts on its own then dies after about 10 seconds.

Working on a gas powered long board got the engine running today.carb was missing the check valve gasket and loaded up the engine bad. one day il have a vid of it for you.

Any progress?

Hey GXP Todd, was in your old stomping grounds yesterday, drove through Ely to go to White Iron.
I was just up there a couple of weeks ago for IWA Watercross and a Hairball concert. Rained three inches in half an hour on Saturday. Town flooded out for an hour. Was kinda neat.

Latest posts

Back