Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm my opinion a 461 is an ok saw. I've used them. Rebuilt them. Solid saw. I tend to stay away from the 1 and 2 series of stihl saws. For my own personal use that is. The guy I fix saws for has been buying MS391 lately and I keep telling him they won't last. Have already repaired 3 of them. On 1 the rear handle is broke and the av buffer mount is broken. New handles aren't cheap. The springs don't seem to last as long as the older rubber av systems. I'm not a fan of having thay much play in something when it's in my hands spinning that fast. My opinion only.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm old school. I can tune saws so I will stick with something I can fix in a pinch and not need to have programed
I'm my opinion a 461 is an ok saw. I've used them. Rebuilt them. Solid saw. I tend to stay away from the 1 and 2 series of stihl saws. For my own personal use that is. The guy I fix saws for has been buying MS391 lately and I keep telling him they won't last. Have already repaired 3 of them. On 1 the rear handle is broke and the av buffer mount is broken. New handles aren't cheap. The springs don't seem to last as long as the older rubber av systems. I'm not a fan of having thay much play in something when it's in my hands spinning that fast. My opinion only.

New

I know of someone who bought a 391 when he should of bought a 362 or a 461. He's had it a little over a year and he's repaired about everything you've listed at least once.

View attachment 445752 My version of a muffler mod to not make as much noise. Made a silencer for my longboard and it sure got rid of a lot of the pop pop sound. Now you heare the engine and intake more than exhaust
Stihl xxx cascade
View attachment 445752 My version of a muffler mod to not make as much noise. Made a silencer for my longboard and it sure got rid of a lot of the pop pop sound. Now you heare the engine and intake more than exhaust

Last bunch of State Fair pictures. First one is with Alilca Lewis, the morning traffic reporter from ch. 11. Turns out she's from Osceola.
11b.jpg

Some folks from the MPR, I dubbed them the "MPR hat people".

mpr hat people.jpg

There's a good food stand down by the Colliseum/Hippodrome, Donna's BBQ. They have good pork tenderloin sandwiches. (and decent prices too)

pork sandwich.jpg

Another good one is Mike's Burgers, just to the south of the giant slide on the same side of the street. $2 hamburgers/$2.50 cheeseburgers, and they are not bad. (But the price is right) Didn't try the deep fried hot dog, but I did try a friend's deep fried oreo from the deep-fried candy bar stand up the street.

mikes burgers.jpg

Famous Dave's Pig Lickers. Chocolate-covered bacon, however, although they're good, I would say Bacon Candy is still the best.

pig lickers.jpg

And of course the all-you-can-drink-milk stand to wash everything down.

milk stand.jpg

Anyone interested in a good deal on a nearly running Mac 2-10? Just needs a starter rope and a little tuning. Has fresh rebuilt carb. Just wanted to throw it out here as shipping this would double the cost of the saw so not worth putting in the trading post.

SVK we need to get together with Dieselfitter. We live to close not to. Almost got the truck done. She is running good just need to get the brakes a working. I think they just need to be bled. Trying to find a longer 3/16" wrench so its easier to open and close the bleeder valves. Thinking about welding an extension to my short wrench..............

Yes but they are not a Jonny dealer, that sign is really old. Nice people, a guy and his daughter run it. Open evenings and weekends as he works a different job too.
They have been there 25 years that I know of. I've never stopped in.

I haven't been receiving notices on this thread. Let's plan a mini-GTG at my place. Wendell, when is the next Sunday you will be up this way?

Back