Minnesota,Wisconsin,Iowa, Dakotas GTG's thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well where we gonna get together for Friday nights festivities? I dont really care, we could go to burger king and have a good time. Tdawgs? The Northern grill in Chisago City? It seemed a bit over crowded last time at Wards In Dresser, we need more eatin room. But I'm game for what ever, I just like to eat. And hey Tim, you wanna shoot some pistol for a while on Saturday? We can cruise down to my gun club if you want. I got a bunch of 9mm I wouldn't mind making noise with.
I'm good with a meeting at any location. My wife was wanting me to go to some bible study group but I'd rather hang out my chainsaw study "heathen".
Saturday target shooting sounds fun, how about 10:00-11:00ish?

I'm good with a meeting at any location. My wife was wanting me to go to some bible study group but I'd rather hang out my chainsaw study "heathen".
Saturday target shooting sounds fun, how about 10:00-11:00ish?

My ex wife called AS my chainsaw addiction support group, and I never explained to her about CAD

Well where we gonna get together for Friday nights festivities? I dont really care, we could go to burger king and have a good time. Tdawgs? The Northern grill in Chisago City? It seemed a bit over crowded last time at Wards In Dresser, we need more eatin room. But I'm game for what ever, I just like to eat...
Who all is planning to come tomorrow? Maybe that 'll help its figure it out?

JD
Dodgegeeks
Duane?

Sent from north of hwy 8

Anyone up for some target shooting? I have 2500 rounds to plow through.
View attachment 341330

Also, I have a Glock 31 (.357 Sig) I'm picking up in the next few days.
Nice gun man! My dad has one of those too, and I love it. He bought it for my brother, but when he came home from boot camp he didn't want it, said he would way rather have the f2000. Didn't like the way it shot. Ammo was really hard to find for a while though too.

We had a real good time shooting today. Thanks for coming over Tim, JD,Tod, and JD's daughter ( I think her name is Chrissy?, I'm terrible with names.) We went thru ALOT of ammo!!! Really enjoyed shooting Tim's new FN five-seven, a very interesting pistol. I must also say it was fun watching Tim and Tod struggle with JD's Glock, they were having quite a time getting it to feed ammunition while me JD and his daughter had no issues with it. Keep exersizing those wrists fellas.

Bumped into Stihl Livin at the saw shop saturday morning while on a mission to pick up files and a new gasket for the gas cap on my 046/460 mutt saw. Talked for a little over an hour. Then went out and cut a load of wood from the road ditches by my house. The county has been clearing out/wideing the ditches along the right-of way and the wood is free to whoever wants it. One of the locals has hauled at least 30+ loads so far. I'm only at 4 1/2 loads so far. (It's like buzzards to the carcass once the county is done cutting for the day-first come, first served) Red/white oak, locast, white ash, cherry, elm (mostly red elm), birch, hackberry, and the less desireable poplar/cottonwood and box adler, which a local with a OWB and doesn't care what he burns has been taking heaping trailer loads of. The county is a little over half done so there's still more coming. A lot of the people that are cutting are trying to get ahead on their wood supply for the upcomming year/years as many just barely made it though the winter.

We had a real good time shooting today. Thanks for coming over Tim, JD,Tod, and JD's daughter ( I think her name is Chrissy?, I'm terrible with names.) We went thru ALOT of ammo!!! Really enjoyed shooting Tim's new FN five-seven, a very interesting pistol. I must also say it was fun watching Tim and Tod struggle with JD's Glock, they were having quite a time getting it to feed ammunition while me JD and his daughter had no issues with it. Keep exersizing those wrists fellas.
Andy, Thanks for bringing us along to your gun club. That was a lot of fun. I count 180 rounds run through the FiveseveN. That is nicest gun range I've ever been to.
I'm not sure what the deal was with JD's Glock not feeding for Todd(one D) and I. Todd(one D) sure was giving me a pretty good ribbing about my troubles with it(limp wrist) until he had the same problem.
I met Todd(one D) for the first time Friday at Northern Grill. He sure is a character, a lot of fun to hang out with. It was also a rare chance to hang out with JD while he is in town and hear his interesting stories about life and working in Bakken oil fields.
It was perfect weather to be outside and a unique opportunity to try out different handguns in a casual setting. Andy's SR9 shot a nice tight group for me. I would like to shoot that SR9 again and see if I can group them like that again.

load.jpg Drove by today just as the county was finishing up cutting in the ditches for the day. Gave Officer Mike a call and he came over with his truck and we filled 'er up. There's a whole cherry tree (18" dia.) in there, plus some birch, ash and oak. We each ran 1 1/2 tanks of gas though our saws today.

On a another note, a while back I mentioned 026 that the owner said "ran good but was a bear to get started". So I asked some more about it and he said he'd send it my way as it was his "beater" saw and he didn't use it anymore and told me to do something with it rather than it sit on the shelf. About a week ago I stopped by and picked it up.

026.jpg

026a.jpg

Other than it being dirty, it was in suprisingly good shape. I was expecting something that had been rolling around in the back of pickup for 10 years, really dirty, faded and scuffed up. Just needed fresh gas and a shot of gas down the carb and she took right off and ran and idled ok. Fully adjustable carb (WT-194), chain (.325) was nice and sharp, 7-pin rim is ok, too. Ran a tank of gas through her and she runs like a champ, muffler is hardly even rusty. Took her over to the farm shop I can use and cleaned 'er up and put a nicer OEM .325 bar I had from a 026 in a box I got from a auction eariler. I'd have to say it's the nicest "beater" saw I've seen.

026b.jpg

026c.jpg

Oh, did I mention what I paid for it: FREE!!!

Latest posts

Back