Mint 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No AV on this one. This saw is 25 years old. The newer ones have AV.

6050221_1.jpg

Some older ones have AV as well, but I don't like the looks of them.

Actually I believe it was an option more or less from the outset.

Some older ones have AV as well, but I don't like the looks of them.

Actually I believe it was an option more or less from the outset.

the av handle is just an option as shown in the first 090 ad here.

I think it might have came out around 1964 or so as an option for the lightning contras, 1106 and 1106 S models.

First version 090 av system is same as lightning . Then I belive there were 2 more versions of AV for later 090.

1968 US dealer handout dated 1967
O90.jpg

This is a back page from an all model brochure from around 1968.
070lightning.jpg

It's too hot outside, lol:)

No, no; there will be none of that :cry:. When you have a nice piece of equipment like this, or rather when it has you, something rare that not everyone has, you must put the equipment and others before yourself. Now that you are not just an "owner" (with this machine you have become a "steward") you work is to ensure that all get to enjoy, regardless of personal/physical discomfort. It's like you're now a museum, and the others have already paid their $2.xx admission. Now get out in the heat and let's see some videos! :)

No, no; there will be none of that :cry:. When you have a nice piece of equipment like this, or rather when it has you, something rare that not everyone has, you must put the equipment and others before yourself. Now that you are not just an "owner" (with this machine you have become a "steward") you work is to ensure that all get to enjoy, regardless of personal/physical discomfort. It's like you're now a museum, and the others have already paid their $2.xx admission. Now get out in the heat and let's see some videos! :)

Lol. I love it:)

:clap: I'm really glad it was an easy fix.

I bet you are...You were thinking, holy crap I owe Brad $10,000....

It was kind of funny and I did give him a hard time, lol. Here it was the first cut he made on my just acquired dream saw, and he breaks it:greenchainsaw: I knew it was something simply though. There's only so much in an ignition system and none of it's hard to replace. Never the less, I'll still think twice before I let "The Beast" run my saws;)

Here's this saw in 36" of Red Oak again this weekend.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uh77IC65nIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uh77IC65nIs&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Back