Missed a great chance!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmthrower

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My father tells me this story Saturday afternoon.

He went to the saw shop on Saturday morning to get some chains ground. He picked up a used 028 that someone tried to sharpen but really made a mess of. As he's getting out of the truck this guy walks by him with a huge saw with a 4 ft bar on it. He says to my father "This is a real saw here". My father asked him what it was. "He replies that it is an 090 that has never had gas in it." My father says that he has never seen a saw that big.
If I had only went to the shop with him. I guess I'll never see one of those giants in person. :(

I wish my father had bought it. He said the funny thing was that they had just bought a brand new MS290 from the dealer the same day.
Big difference between an 090 and a 290. The 090 wasn't for sale apparently.

I beleive you, I've seen things like that happen. It seems like here in the East some guys bought things like an 090 just to say they owned one, then never used it! Funny though, all the ones I find look like they were drug behind the skidder for 20 years!:clap:

Awww, lot of build up in this post w/o the happy ending................:yoyo:

adkranger,
that's life isn't it? I don't know if I could own that saw and never run it. Seems like a waste of good iron.

Latest posts

Back