Mixed gas with a red tiint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiluxxulih

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a new Stihl BG86 leaf blower and the gas that the dealer put in the tank has a slight red tint to it not the normal blue tint :msp_confused: is there any different two stroke oil colors out there or did the dealer put straight gas in it ? in any event I drained it after I noticed the gas in the primer bulb was not bluish .

I bought a new Stihl BG86 leaf blower and the gas that the dealer put in the tank has a slight red tint to it not the normal blue tint :msp_confused: is there any different two stroke oil colors out there or did the dealer put straight gas in it ? in any event I drained it after I noticed the gas in the primer bulb was not bluish .

Stihl branded 2cycle oil is now red. just found this out a short time ago myself.

Stihl branded 2cycle oil is now red. just found this out a short time ago myself.

I think that's a good thing, IMO. I use HP Ultra exclusively and I really don't like the fact that it has very little tint to it. Do you know for sure if the Ultra will also have the red tint?

I sure hope that if all Stihl oil is now red it is REALLY dark red! Ever since the 60's it had been sort of blue, and there has been no trouble seeing that gas had oil in it.

Years ago (late 60's) Itasca oil was pink, and the old regular leaded gas was pink as well. My snomobile buddy used Itasca, and straight gassed his Skidoo even when he thought the gas was mixed.

Bob

My understanding is that Stihl changed the color of it's Ultra Synthetic oil
so they could determine if a 4-Mix machine was actually run with the Ultra.

The 4-Mix have tiny valves and 'dino' oil will clog them up...Mandatory to use Ultra..!!

If they have a warranty request and see the green/blue..they know it was run on 'dino'...
May or may not honor the warranty...That's what my local Stihl dealer told me anyway..!!
:cheers:
J2F

the blower i bought the mix was very visible,,prolly hard to see in a red can

It's easier to see red fuel leaking out of the flippy caps.

Stihl is #1 in innovation.;)

good thing i still have 3 six packs of the old green ultra:hmm3grin2orange:

The red dye is actually a pain in the arse! It is hard for people to dicifer if it's 2 stroke or
Regular gas.. I can see were it can get difficult. I kinda blam this red dye on three saws that got smoked.. 2-660 both smoked p/c and 1-088. I have to mix a can of echo blue with stihl red to get a good "color" mixture so it's not hard to confuse. I am not happy with the color change. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the responses that had me a little worried , I also got the Stihl oil deal with the the blower where Stihl will double the warranty if I by there oil , and it appears to be blue too .

On another subject am I the only one who uses a leaf blower to make the burn pile burn hotter ?
I do this also and in most cases to get the fire going good and hot then I put the blower away.

On another subject am I the only one who uses a leaf blower to make the burn pile burn hotter ?

Me too.:rock:

It's amazing how well it works. This however didn't need it.

24vtg0j.jpg

Tru fuel a pre mix 50-1 of gas and synthetic oil has a red tint. My new 200t came with it from the Stihl dealer No ethanol in it. It's all I use in my saws. I'm a newbie and not a commercial cutter. I don't go thru that much gas. Cost is about $4.00 qt.

Gary in CT

My understanding is that Stihl changed the color of it's Ultra Synthetic oil
so they could determine if a 4-Mix machine was actually run with the Ultra.

The 4-Mix have tiny valves and 'dino' oil will clog them up...Mandatory to use Ultra..!!

If they have a warranty request and see the green/blue..they know it was run on 'dino'...
May or may not honor the warranty...That's what my local Stihl dealer told me anyway..!!
:cheers:
J2F

Your understanding is wrong. Your dealer is also wrong. I was too for about 15 minutes.

The regular orange bottle of Stihl oil is Red colored.

i use the echo power blend and it scares me every time i fill up the saw,, there isn't enough dye in it,,either that i am going blind:biggrin::biggrin:

i use the echo power blend and it scares me every time i fill up the saw,, there isn't enough dye in it,,either that i am going blind:biggrin::biggrin:

I about FREAKED the first time I mixed up the "red" stihl oil.:laugh:

Your understanding is wrong. Your dealer is also wrong. I was too for about 15 minutes.

The regular orange bottle of Stihl oil is Red colored.

Yep, I got some orange bottle that was red the other day, But all the ultra Ive had is still green. Is the ultra changing to red too?

Back