MN/WI GTG March14th

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an old timer, and refuses to wear a seat belt. I have added a little security, though to make sure it doesn't jump out the back window. (Full story in my post on the heavy machinery section)

attachment.php

woodchk, lemme look around and see if I can remember where I left that 2150 at, maybe uses the same coil as the WT?

At least you've got the back widow covered! Did you buy that plate that way with the Chevy emblems or is that custom?

Dan

CNC Plasma?

I built it. That kind of stuff happens when you have access to the stuff I do at work.

CNC Plasma cutter?:) When needed I run a Plasma cutter for a small metal fab shop near me. He bought a TorchMate. Had no idea on how to run it. I know Computer Aided Design and he asked me to learn how to run the cutter.

I've cut some cool stuff with it.

4400W laser - thing isn't even working cutting .090, it will cut 1" mild steel.

More pics and detail on the large equipment forum under tomorrows project.

I had one of our engineers lay it out for me, and I did the cutting forming and welding.

Here's the latest list.
Planning to attend
grandpatractor
jonseredsjonny
Biker Dude
tmurph
wdchuck
woodyman
wi50
moddoo
Steve NW WI
philbert
rbmopar
scmellon
heimannm
fastmopar1k
nickocker
Jeske962
McManus

Maybe attend

manyhobies
valekbrothers
GrizzlyAdams86

I have a couple local dealers that may bring a demo saw or two.

I know some are planning on bringing friends and that is good too.
let me know if you want to be added or taken off.
Or if I missed some one
Just Updated list

Steve bring your laser and we'll cut wdchuck's bar length down to take that 107 link chain.:chainsaw:

Somehow methinks that the boss MIGHT notice a 20'x30' bare spot in the shop where their shiny new nearly million dollar toy used to be...

attachment.php

Gimme some time with a crayon, some compressed air, and a die grinder with a cutoff wheel and we might get a serviceable result, if i can find a wheel of the proper gauge...on second thought, lemme just wreck my own stuff instead!

Woodchk, was the diner you mentioned WAAAAY back the Trap Rock - almost right across the road from Boyds? They do have dang good food there, and I might be convinced to stop and fill the belly on the way up if you're planning on stopping there. (About 8 miles from my house, and conveniently, right on the way.)

Wdchuck, was the diner you mentioned WAAAAY back the Trap Rock - almost right across the road from Boyds? They do have dang good food there, and I might be convinced to stop and fill the belly on the way up if you're planning on stopping there. (About 8 miles from my house, and conveniently, right on the way.)

The diner is on Hwy 8, somewhat near hwy 35. It is on the north side of the hwy, and sits higher than the road by maybe 6feet, and has an old truck stop feel to the atmosphere.

Last edited:
The diner is on Hwy 8, somewhat near hwy 35. It is on the north side of the hwy, and sits higher than the road by maybe 6feet, and has an old truck stop feel to the atmosphere.

That'd be Waynes Cafe, actually is a small truck stop. Good food there too. Let me know when you plan on coming thru, and maybe we could meet for breakfast.

Got to say "hi" to Grandpatractor today, stopped in at Boyd's and he was busy doing...umm...well, something anyway :laugh:

Side note: For those of you who like the "high test" in your saws, Wayne's has 110 octane race gas at the pump there.

Thanks for the high octane tip, if I use that in my 460, then just maybe, I won't get my hat handed to me this year.

Hey Steve, sorry I didnt get a chance to chat a little more. Things got a little hectic in there today. I did get the crank bearings back in the husky 350 and got her running today.

Anyone bringing something that will give my muffler modded Husky 359 a run for its money?I raced a WildThing last weekend and left it in my chips:jawdrop:Seriously is there going to be anyother 359's there?:givebeer::chainsaw:

Group project......Mod a WildThing!

Group project......Mod a WildThing!

I don't think I can make it but I think that would be a fun project. Tuned pipe.....Ported..... You get the idea.........

I wonder what RPM one could get out of it????? :popcorn::clap::dizzy::jawdrop:

Then.....I wonder what stock saw it could :buttkick::buttkick:

:monkey::monkey:

Dan

Hey,Biker Dude I have been looking at your avatar and is that a custom 600cc:jawdrop:I thought I saw a bike like that somewhere and the builder was from some other country and his name was INGO or something like that.I am not sure if I'am right I read and see so many things.

Hey,Biker Dude I have been looking at your avatar and is that a custom 600cc:jawdrop:I thought I saw a bike like that somewhere and the builder was from some other country and his name was INGO or something like that.I am not sure if I am right I read and see so many things.
I think you are right. I just did a google search for "custom chopper" in small enough size for an avatar. The dude definitely looks British and I think the motor is BSA. Here's a full size pic.
grimm_reaper_custom_chopper1.jpg

I wish I could have used a pic from one of my own bikes but I can't figure out how to shrink a pic down to avatar size without making it hard to make out what it is.

Anyone bringing something that will give my muffler modded Husky 359 a run for its money?I raced a WildThing last weekend and left it in my chips:jawdrop:Seriously is there going to be anyother 359's there?:givebeer::chainsaw:

I have a stock, tired 261 that still screams.............. would like to see where it sits at compared to everything else............... should be a fun day

Latest posts

Back