Mn,wis,ia-gtg 10-09-10

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Got it marked on the calendar.......:cheers:

Not for positive i (we) can make it, but going to try to keep the date open.
Glenn hasn't been doing much cutting this year, so he might be itching as soon as it cools down a bit...........

I hope we get some more East Dakotans that couldn't make the trip to Grandpatractors. It will be nice to see new faces again......

Mudville=East Dakota, land of 10,000 mud puddles. The reason all the Mud Ducks own a piece of one of our 15,000 lakes.

:D:D:D

Maybe if you chedderheads worked more, talked Packer glory days less you too could afford a part of one of your lakes. And no, these are not the packer glory days. Cranberry bogs are not lakes, by the way. And we don't count Superior as ours, as it covers northern Wisconsin. Which is a good thing. Anything that equals less Wineconsin (us Minnesotans see what I did there) is a good thing.

I'm thinking 5-6 hours depending on weight of right foot, potty breaks, etc. Highway 29 to I94, then I694 to 35W to US10, then a few hops and skips up to Becker. Pretty much all good 4 lane.

It'll be good to meet ya after missing ya at the charity cut.

I will have to punch it in to the GPS. Last time some one told me it was three hours to J.D.'s place and I think it was more like 5.

Looking forward to meeting you to steve. Lets hope work dosn't get in the way this time.

Beefie

Last edited:
I'm in. I can mill up some cants if need be. Anything else?

Been thinking sinse Friday of possibly canceling the GTG but decided not to.Last Thursday the wife and 12 others got there walking papers and her last day is October 8 so money will be tight after that.That makes 28 in the last year and the second company to take over.The first company was out of Iowa and the newest is out of Arkansas.If anyone wants to bring some cants that would be great.I still need someone who can write down the cut times with a stop watch.I was down by the creek over the weekend and did some more cutting on that tree I posted a pic of,I think it is a willow.If someone wants to come early they can take down and play with a willow or two.Thor should be out after he gets back from vacation and help me take down a few nice red oaks for cookie cutting.I will see in the next couple weeks if I will need anything else.I just wish this hot weather would go away.

Been thinking sinse Friday of possibly canceling the GTG but decided not to.Last Thursday the wife and 12 others got there walking papers and her last day is October 8 so money will be tight after that.

Sorry to hear that Woody. It sure makes life more difficult, and the layoff bug just doesn't seem to be going away. Hope it all works out for the best in the end.

I just wish this hot weather would go away.

AMEN BROTHER!

Woodyman October is still a ways out there yet. Hang in there-maybe something good will bounce your way soon! I'm sure everyone would understand if you change your mind again later and decide not to have a GTG. But it is a nice distraction from the everyday!

Hey Craig, I am sure we can find somebody to write the times down and run the stopwatch. I'll bring mine with. I am getting some cants done right now for the fair. We may be able to bring some with.

Don't worry about food, everyone usually brings more than they eat.

Woodyman October is still a ways out there yet. Hang in there-maybe something good will bounce your way soon! I'm sure everyone would understand if you change your mind again later and decide not to have a GTG. But it is a nice distraction from the everyday!
I think the wife has everything worked out now and will just take an early retirerment,I wish I could but who would drive the short bus them.Theres no way I'am not having the GTG and the first one in Minnesota to boot:clap:

Well got the Play Station done,that's the Play Station for wood by Craig.Don't know if I have ever seen a set-up like I have done at a GTG before.Theres even a big willow for some one to cut down that comes early,might need some wedges for it thoughThor where are you got 5 good size red oaks marked for the GTG that will have to be moved by the skidsteer,the Play Station is off by itself stationary for morning to when ever fun.Got one I want to put across the creek for a bridge(was going to do it this winter) if anyone is interested,might not take too long with the right saws.Then I won't have to go up to the road and around on my walks for one end the the other.I might just leave on oak for someone to take down,I know theres got to someone who wants to drop a big oak or willow thats comming to the GTG.No picks because I lost my camera in the woods and can't find it :( and please no comments from that NW WS,no lakes,in the swamps guy that has a new avatar.

IM back can be availible next weekend
Don't know where you went but hope you had a good time.Next weekend would be good I got a couple like that last one you took down.Just have to cut them down,limb em and block them up into logs 12" to '15 lomg and J.D. and Jon will take it from there.Oh yeah and some cookie cutting too.Can't wait for you to see the Play Station:cheers:

We should end up with about and 8" pine for the little saws and some 12" to 16" squared up oak for the big ones.Might have one bigger one for the really big saws.
Will there be a metal detector there?I heard there was a mishap last year with some metal in the wood,know anything about that:hmm3grin2orange:Got to get some sleep now,bye.

Back