Mobil 1 Racing 2T Synthetic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ha guys i want to change to a full synthetic 2 cycle oil.
In Australia Stihl dont have Ultra,but i found the Mobil 1 Racing 2T .
The question i have is it has NO dye colouring it at all,i just looks like oil.In past posts people say about the red colour.Not in the Australian one ?............:help:

Also is there a reason why most people mix at a greater rate than 50:1 ?......

:cheers:

MS260 Pro
MS441 Magnum

G'day
I have bought Mobil 2T from outlets here in South Aus before that have no dye. Last time I decided to go a 4 litre bottle straight from a depot (Motorex I think)
Red dye in that bottle.
I mix 40:1 for most of my equipment.'

PS, Have switched to Castrol TTS now because it is easy to obtain here and I'm very happy with it (not the price though :(

Last edited:
Big 2T fan here, but that would go for pretty much any brand name synthetic. In the US, it's a bargain compared to even saw branded dino oil.

Mark

My newest bottle of 2T is deep red. I'm surprised they wouldn't put it in everywhere?

I run it at 40:1 with Mobil Premium gasoline. The reason I go 40:1 is my Stihls are manufacturer recommended at 50:1, Poulan at 40:1, Eskimo ice auger at 25:1, Dad's old Jonsered-no idea. So I wanted one mix for all my air cooled 2 strokes and kind of went for middle ground. I'm too lazy to make all those different mixes, and the gas stays nice and fresh because I use it in everything.

So far, so good. I've pulled plugs to look and everything seems clean, run better and no smoke after all the dino oil was burnt out of the muffler.

Another reason I went with it is because there IS a difference in gas in my area. I've had my best luck with Mobil gas, so I feel good about using their oil.

Oldsaw makes a good point too, we're lucky in the states as far as availability. I prefer Mobil, but I could run several different brands of synthetic TC without a big problem.

Thanks for the info guys.
I mixed the Mobile 2T at 40:1 and tryed it,what a differance NO smoke,NO stinky fumes,NO burn your eyes.Great stuff will never go back,i am going to use it in all my two stroke engines.;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers,

MS260 Pro
MS441 Magnum

G'day
I have bought Mobil 2T from outlets here in South Aus before that have no dye. Last time I decided to go a 4 litre bottle straight from a depot (Motorex I think)
Red dye in that bottle.
I mix 40:1 for most of my equipment.'

PS, Have switched to Castrol TTS now because it is easy to obtain here and I'm very happy with it (not the price though :(

Thanks for that Petrol Head,i rang the info No on the cotainer,the bloke said the ones made in france reasontly dont have the red dye in it.
Cheers,
Stillman441

My newest bottle of 2T is deep red. I'm surprised they wouldn't put it in everywhere?

I run it at 40:1 with Mobil Premium gasoline. The reason I go 40:1 is my Stihls are manufacturer recommended at 50:1, Poulan at 40:1, Eskimo ice auger at 25:1, Dad's old Jonsered-no idea. So I wanted one mix for all my air cooled 2 strokes and kind of went for middle ground. I'm too lazy to make all those different mixes, and the gas stays nice and fresh because I use it in everything.

So far, so good. I've pulled plugs to look and everything seems clean, run better and no smoke after all the dino oil was burnt out of the muffler.

Another reason I went with it is because there IS a difference in gas in my area. I've had my best luck with Mobil gas, so I feel good about using their oil.

Oldsaw makes a good point too, we're lucky in the states as far as availability. I prefer Mobil, but I could run several different brands of synthetic TC without a big problem.
where did you find the 2t ? i cant find it in wausau anywhere!

I've used mx2t mixed at 32:1 in ported and stock saws since 2001,without any problems! When you pop off a barrel there is a nice oily film.Slickest stuff around!! +1 Autozone

32:1, carb adjusted appropriately

32:1, carb adjusted appropriately. I use it in my old Shindaiwa brush cutter, B-45 and on the gas cap it says 25:1. Previously used petroleum based oils at 40:1. My 52 cc Makita saw manual indicates proprietary oil at 50:1 or other oils at 40:1. I can't find Makita oil anywhere, I think the whale hunting ban has caused that. Dolmar brand might be a good substitute but I decided to try the Mobil synthetic and haven't looked back. 32:1 seems like a good ratio as long as the carburetor is adjusted for that mix. I like the idea of ample lube besides I try to do my part to help the ailing oil industry in these hard times.

32:1, carb adjusted appropriately. I use it in my old Shindaiwa brush cutter, B-45 and on the gas cap it says 25:1. Previously used petroleum based oils at 40:1. My 52 cc Makita saw manual indicates proprietary oil at 50:1 or other oils at 40:1. I can't find Makita oil anywhere, I think the whale hunting ban has caused that. Dolmar brand might be a good substitute but I decided to try the Mobil synthetic and haven't looked back. 32:1 seems like a good ratio as long as the carburetor is adjusted for that mix. I like the idea of ample lube besides I try to do my part to help the ailing oil industry in these hard times.

Right on Elmore!
less friction = more power

I run the same, Mobil 1 2T in all my equipment. Perhaps it is over kill, perhaps not. None of them have complained to date!:hmm3grin2orange:

Autozone

here in NC has it. $7.15 / qt plus tax. Ive never tried it bu Im going to pick up a qt today.

Hi, I just picked up a case of the mobile synthetic oil...

What is the proper ration of oil to gas for a 40:1 mix..

Where can i find a ration chart for mixes..

Hi, I just picked up a case of the mobile synthetic oil...

What is the proper ration of oil to gas for a 40:1 mix..

Where can i find a ration chart for mixes..

One gallon has 128 oz.
128 divided by 40 = 3.2 oz per gallon of mix

I use 50:1 and mix 2.5 gallons at a time.
128/50=2.56oz X 2.5gal.= 6.4 oz. oil

Back