modify muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tocold4u2

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
ok i heard a few talking about modding the muffler ,,,can someone tell me how to do this , and the good points verse the bad points ?? thinking about doing it to a 031 av or wait till i get a larger saw ??:bang:

ok i heard a few talking about modding the muffler ,,,can someone tell me how to do this , and the good points verse the bad points ?? thinking about doing it to a 031 av or wait till i get a larger saw ??:bang:

Use the search function on the chainsaw forum. Plenty of info there.

+1 on the search idea and on making a trip over to the chainsaw forum.

That said, you probably won't see much gain on an older saw like the 031. Most muffler modding is aimed at undoing the restriction (and consequent reduction in power output) that saw manufacturers have been forced to add due to EPA restrictions on two-stroke engine emissions.

Latest posts

Back