moisture tester

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the machine work in frozen wood? Do you have to bring the wood inside the house to "thaw". I would imagine the tester woudlnt work well on frozen wood. The reason I want one, is I sell firewood, and have been out of wood for awhile. I have some fallen trees, but I dont know when they fell(how long they have been down), and wonder if they are ready to sell (this year). I know the other methods (check the sound when you thud them together etc) but would like something more accurate.

There is a conversion chart to be used depending on the temperature of the wood.

I got mine from Bailey's and am very happy with it.

Another gimmick for The Woodpile O.C.D. Moisture Meters ( MM )are like a Male T_T: useless.

I think calling them useless is very narrow minded. For what I paid for one why not have another tool in my toolbag. I can find a stud in the wall by tapping on it but I still have a stud finder, I can tell if its hot or cold outside by stepping onto the deck but I still have a thermometer.

Well I am off to buy a new smoke detector, or do I really need one? :greenchainsaw:

Another gimmick for The Woodpile O.C.D. Moisture Meters ( MM )are like a Male T_T: useless.

I think calling them useless is very narrow minded. For what I paid for one why not have another tool in my toolbag. I can find a stud in the wall by tapping on it but I still have a stud finder, I can tell if its hot or cold outside by stepping onto the deck but I still have a thermometer.

Well I am off to buy a new smoke detector, or do I really need one? :greenchainsaw:

:clap: :agree2: :cheers:

I have to admit that I have one of those $16 cheapo chinese moisture meters from ebay and its a fun toy. I usually guess within 3-4% of what its going to read most times but sometimes I'm surprised. Actually gave it to a neighbor who borrowed it for using with his portable sawmill.(It was a thankyou for all the wood he's given me access to.) He knows its a cheapy but he likes it too!

Yep, I just bought another one. I guess I'm just a gadget guy!

Back