moon phase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ask any police officer in a big city and an ER nurse.. on full moons u see alot more "crazy" things come into the hospital and police stations :popcorn:

SO yes the noon the out there!

Don't go changing your story now . Your original one is plain for all to see .

Yes it is, and here's my EXACT quote for everyone to see again,

American farmers feed the world, do you think they sit at home waiting for the moon???

Where did i say ONLY American farmers feed the world? Is it your reading or comprehension skills that are lacking? :dizzy:

Rob

Yes it is, and here's my EXACT quote for everyone to see again,

Where did i say ONLY American farmers feed the world? Is it your reading or comprehension skills that are lacking? :dizzy:

Rob

American farmers feed the world, do you think they sit at home waiting for the moon???

Yep , there it is "American farmers feed the world " . a flat statement , no qualifier .
Your boast fell on its face , as do all fallacies .
Keep your lies and jingoistic claptrap to yourself .
And watch your mouth .

Yep , there it is "American farmers feed the world " . a flat statement , no qualifier .
Your boast fell on its face , as do all fallacies .
Keep your lies and jingoistic claptrap to yourself .
And watch your mouth .

Yup, it's YOUR comprehension skills that need help. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Rob

Yup, it's YOUR comprehension skills that need help. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Rob

Stop trying to sqirm of the hook that you hung yourself on .
You claimed that American farmers feed the world . No mention was made of any other farmers contributing to the task .
Why try to deny it ? .
If you now want to change that statement ,
admit your mistake .

Stop trying to sqirm of the hook that you hung yourself on .
You claimed that American farmers feed the world . No mention was made of any other farmers contributing to the task .
Why try to deny it ? .
If you now want to change that statement ,
admit your mistake .

Come-on man, cut the anti American BS... GROW UP and chill out, no one was putting American farmers up on a pedistal, and the thread was about the moon. I made the statement in THAT context, and you are on some rant about a completely different subject. :dizzy:

American farmers DO feed the world, and NO we aren't the only ones... No need to go all weird about it... Now, go out an "fondle" your chainsaw or something.....cause i'm done with your anti American childish rhetoric.

Rob

Come-on man, cut the anti American BS... GROW UP and chill out, no one was putting American farmers up on a pedistal, and the thread was about the moon. I made the statement in THAT context, and you are on some rant about a completely different subject. :dizzy:

American farmers DO feed the world, and NO we aren't the only ones... No need to go all weird about it... Now, go out an "fondle" your chainsaw or something.....cause i'm done with your anti American childish rhetoric.

Rob

What anti american bs ? I'm directing my posts to you and you alone , how hard is that for you to comprehend ?

No matter how many time you say it , and no matter how many belt buckles it is stamped on , it does not become true . American farmers do not feed the world . Retro fitting a qualifier to a statement only works when accompanied by an admission that the original statement was wrong .
Trying to wipe the egg off your face by the cowardly tactic of asking someone of anti american sentiment is beneath contempt .

As for your "fondle" your chainsaw " comment , what a nasty and vile creature you are.

ask any police officer in a big city and an ER nurse.. on full moons u see alot more "crazy" things come into the hospital and police stations :popcorn:

SO yes the noon the out there!

My wife served a few years as an EMT and will testify to this. It really doesn't matter in that case whether there is any science behind it - the fact is that they are more busy during a full or nearly full moon.

Seems a little far fetched to think that the moon has a physical effect on things like sap - otherwise we would need to specify the lunar cycle when we weigh stuff like gunpowder for precision reloading or pharmacy (where grains count).

When i was younger i used to make fun of the old timers and their hoakie superstitions but i find as i get older, many of them have at least some truth.I worked as a bouncer for a few years and the nuts really come out around the full of the moon. I know first hand that cattle bleed less if you dehorn them in the dark of the moon.

First of all, i never said American farmers were the ONLY one feeding the world, but we do a big part, and a HUGE part of it is FREE to other countries...

FWIW, have a look at these
The US imports twice the amount of beef it exports,
The US exports just 3.8% of the the worlds wheat crop.
Of the other main world grain, rice, the US produces 1.3% of the worlds rice and exports 0.4%.
12% of children in the US go to bed hungry
To satisfy the world's sanitation and food requirements would cost only US$13 billion- what the US and EU spend on perfume each year.
1 in 6 US senior citizens eats an inadequate diet

Come on Bob, as far as exports go that all may be true, BUT...
I am from the middle of the country and the make a decent wage and the poor eat BETTER than I do.
We have in a town of 100,000 no less than 3 private soup kitchens and 3 homless shelters.
Be very careful quoting stats when there source is suspect and/or you don't know the motivation behingd them.
I personaly know a person that goes to a food pantry and they make more than I do.
If a person goes hungry in the US it is because they didn't look or ask for help.

Dan

Come on Bob, as far as exports go that all may be true, BUT...
I am from the middle of the country and the make a decent wage and the poor eat BETTER than I do.
We have in a town of 100,000 no less than 3 private soup kitchens and 3 homless shelters.
Be very careful quoting stats when there source is suspect and/or you don't know the motivation behingd them.
I personaly know a person that goes to a food pantry and they make more than I do.
If a person goes hungry in the US it is because they didn't look or ask for help.

Dan
Agreed, but don't over look the drug addict parents that will and do let their kids go hungry so they can get their fix.

Of the other main world grain, rice, the US produces 1.3% of the worlds rice and exports 0.4%.
This is standard info - verifiable across multiple websites - they could all be wrong of course.

12% of children in the US go to bed hungry.
Further investigation shows this is not quite incorrect - well the bit about them going to bed is not correct, maybe it's because they do not have a bed? In 2009 about 3% of households in the US often did not have enough money to buy food [http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2004/01/Understanding-Poverty-in-America]. Although its a small % it apparently still translates into a lot of people. US Agriculture secretary, Tom Vilsack, claims there there are ~17 million children in the US that often go hungry. But I don't worry about it much because it's peanuts compared to the numbers in the third world

To satisfy the world's sanitation and food requirements would cost only US$13 billion- what the US and EU spend on perfume each year.
This is from the WHO website I think - yeah just another commie agency I know - I wouldn't trust them one bit.

This is from the Meals on Wheels website. The hunger rate for SS is between 1:8 in Mississippi to 1:50 in ND. Seniors - who needs them anyway I say.

Bob you just made my point, yes they don't have enough money but they do get food, through food pantries, meals on wheels or soup kitchens.
Just because they don't have the money does not equate to their going to bed hungry. That is buerecratic double speak.
Like I said I wasn't arguing the facts.

Generaly "facts" need to be looked at, whom presents them can give you a clue to there validity.

For the record I think the moon has an effect on many things...

I hope I don't upset anyone with my thoughts...friendly discussion here.....

I'm usually right on side for dispelling a USA myth but I think you guys are confused here. The US 'used' to be a big food exporter. Things have changed now though. They are a giant 'Feed' producer, large 'Food Product' producer, not a Food exporter. Big difference when you look at compiled data. They produce tons and tons of grain, but unlike Canada (or other countries around the world), they further process it into products for human consumption, and animal feeds of all kinds (very generalized of course since a lot more stuff is made so it counts as a product to export...not a grain). If you only look for exported 'grains' they will have a declining export over the years. They are producing more though...just not exporting it as a whole grain by the boat load. You may also not know that they stockpile it (to ensure a constant supply so no one over here goes hungry in a bad year)...other countries don't...they export 100% of what they produce and get really hungry, or increase imports when they have a bad year. Yup, they do import more beef than they produce...but they export the feed for all of those animal products they produce, or import.

For those on the other side of the world...there are a few countries involved here each taking care of a different part of the big picture. We have areas that you cannot produce good crops on (short cold growing season), they are beef country now. Though there are many problems with the system....it does utilize the geographical areas with what they can get the best yield from, regardless of what side of a line on a map they are on.

I don't think you can suggest child hunger (which will be caused by many things) has anything to do with US food exports...or blame farmers with hunger across the population. Just like poorly educated people don't have anything to do with the paper industry (paper required for books). With any large population studied (USA is a large country that keeps fairly good records...even if the data isn't too flattering), you'll dig up lots of problem situations. Not many single countries with such a large population keep good records right beside the bad ones.

As for American farmers feeding the world (Rob really meant US farmers)....well...they have some great growing seasons for 'our' little world over here...The North and South Americas...they do their part. I too don't worry too much about countries on the other side of any of the oceans surrounding 'us'.

As for the moon...it affects everything else on the planet...though it might just be a small affect...I cannot see how trees would not be affected somehow...even if we don't know yet. I think this is why the scientist from the Americas are growing things up in space...to figure out this sort of thing. What are the scientists from the other side of the world doing?

Geez...long post....might be more than my two cents worth here.

Last edited:
This is standard info - verifiable across multiple websites - they could all be wrong of course.

Further investigation shows this is not quite incorrect - well the bit about them going to bed is not correct, maybe it's because they do not have a bed? In 2009 about 3% of households in the US often did not have enough money to buy food [http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2004/01/Understanding-Poverty-in-America]. Although its a small % it apparently still translates into a lot of people. US Agriculture secretary, Tom Vilsack, claims there there are ~17 million children in the US that often go hungry. But I don't worry about it much because it's peanuts compared to the numbers in the third world

This is from the WHO website I think - yeah just another commie agency I know - I wouldn't trust them one bit.

This is from the Meals on Wheels website. The hunger rate for SS is between 1:8 in Mississippi to 1:50 in ND. Seniors - who needs them anyway I say.

From the Australian food bank website:

11% of Australian adults and 12% of children live in poverty, and the numbers are growing.
2.2 million Australians don't have enough money to take care of basic needs such as housing, clothing and food.
13% of Australian children live in jobless households
In Australia up to a million children don't always get enough to eat
The aged, 'singles' and the 'working poor' have become the new battlers in Australia
Hunger is a largely hidden social problem and many victims suffer in silence. The victims could be a child, unemployed or elderly person in your street.

Each year, two million Australians will rely on food relief and around half of them will be children. These children will often go to school without breakfast, or to bed without dinner.

As far as the WHO figure of 13 Billion to feed and sanitize the world:

If Ausies would give up the drink, they could cover half of that:

At the community level, the estimated economic cost of alcohol misuse to the Australian community in 1998-99 totalled $7.6 billion, and this estimate includes associated factors such as crime and violence, treatment costs, loss of productivity and premature death (Collins and Lapsley, 2002).
( from the Australian bureau of Statistics.

And my intellectual laziness could go on and on if I wanted to google, copy and paste to slam any country I wanted..... I'm sorry Bob...your point was?

Bob,,,I know this isnt a milling coment....

12% of children in the US go to bed hungry

But this day in time here what is killin the USA is greed....You have alot of people that wants to get all they can grab and the hell with the rest of anyone....Back in the 1950's Michigan was 1 of 8 states that produced 36% of the *WORLD'S* GNP.....I dont know if that is the way down under....I hope it isnt,,cause if things dont change here,,we aint gonna make it....

Back