More Bars or More Saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you have more of - Bars or Saws?

• Total voters
I have at least two okay three bar's for every saw I own.Scary thing is I have brand new bars for saw's I don't own yet:) When Bailey's had a large selection of the Carlton GB made bars I stocked up. Hmm now I have to buy saw's to go with them I need a Homelight a Stihl and a Old Jred.

A bar on each saw plus a longer one for the bigger stuff. :)

Then there's- the older worn ones, I snag/collect
for the good steel in them for other projects.

Like having three guns and only one bullet.

Last edited:
I agree with Brads post above , up until a couple weeks back I had a few extra bars but since I asked for a project saw to work on 12 saws have been given to me and they all did not have bars. Now I don`t have enough bars to go on every saw and I still need parts to complete my first free saw. Only good thing that I can think of is I am up 12 saws.:clap: :cheers:
Pioneerguy600

But just because it was given to me.
Got a 25" bar and carbide chain given to me. Other than that. Have equal. And to rub salt, I've not run this combo.
Chad

Definitely more bars than saws. Most of the extras are hard nose bars that came on saws that I felt compelled to swap out with either sprocket or roller nose bars. It was a little tricky to find some, especially for the C Series Homelites. I did figure out the whole Harvester Bar interchangeability in the mean time. I have one on a C-5 that looks and works really good.

more bars

i cant build a new titanic with mine like sling'r. but i have about 5 extra bars. and 4 of em are for an old homelite that blew up over 35 yrs ago. i took em to make hunting knives outta. the steel in the bar makes for real good knives. and the crafting gives me something to do laid off in the winters.:cheers:

It was a little tricky to find some, especially for the C Series Homelites. I did figure out the whole Harvester Bar interchangeability in the mean time. I have one on a C-5 that looks and works really good.

Could you tell me what harvester bar and chain you are using, (and what mods do you have to do if any to make it work) on that C-5. I have a C-51 and would like to be able to use a roller nose bar.

More bars than saws for sure

Bars have it

Seems like I end up buying a new bar for each used saw I purchase. Would be nice if some of them would grow motors.

Back