More Cedar to mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parrisw

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Here is some more Cedar I got my hands on. Got one limbed, and cut into saw logs, then I hurt my leg so had to stop. Here are a couple of pics. Should be able to get some good lumber out of this.

this one is about 28-30" at the butt, and got 3 12' sections out of it.
attachment.php

This one branches off in to two smaller ones after a few feet. Probably about 22"
attachment.php

Last edited:
Yup it will be a bunch of work. Oh well, Its what I like to do. I would of got more done today, but I somehow managed to jam one of the dawg's into my leg, was bleeding pretty good, so I stopped and went home.

Yup it will be a bunch of work. Oh well, Its what I like to do. I would of got more done today, but I somehow managed to jam one of the dawg's into my leg, was bleeding pretty good, so I stopped and went home.

Have you had a tetanus shot in last 10 years? Soil/dirt/rusty metal is one of the better places to get a case of that. They used to call it lockjaw in the old days. Nasty. My grandmother used to tell me of a some one she knew, a young kid that got a minor cut while helping to demolish a building (this was around 1915) and two weeks later he was dead of lockjaw.

Nice Cedar logs!! Be sure to take care of that wound, we wouldnt want you to get down and not be able to mill those babies.:cheers:

Thanks again guys, I know I've had a tetanus shot before, but cant remember when?? I suppose I should go to the doctor just to be safe. Cant wait to get to those logs.

Looks good and dry there as well......make sure you watch the forest fire hazard if you're going to mill on site. The east slope of Vancouver Island and gulf islands are runnnig high to extreme.

Looks good and dry there as well......make sure you watch the forest fire hazard if you're going to mill on site. The east slope of Vancouver Island and gulf islands are runnnig high to extreme.

Yes, thanks for the heads up.

Oh about the tetanus, Im pretty sure I'm up to date, since I had a piece of metal stuck in my eye last year, they would of checked then.

Went back yesterday, bucked and limbed. Got them all into 12' sections. Probably got about 10 12 footers. Should be plenty!!! Sorry no more pics, I forgot to bring the Camera.

Also went to see the doc, since the wound started looking infected, got me some perscription ointment, and a Tetanus shot. Its looking much better now. Just really quite brused up.

Went back yesterday, bucked and limbed. Got them all into 12' sections. Probably got about 10 12 footers. Should be plenty!!! Sorry no more pics, I forgot to bring the Camera.

Also went to see the doc, since the wound started looking infected, got me some perscription ointment, and a Tetanus shot. Its looking much better now. Just really quite brused up.

Good to hear about the doc getting you fixed up. As far as the pics go, well you will just have to take twice as many when you mill those logs up.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

Here are a couple of pics, of 2 of the 10 logs. I decided to winch them out and bring them home, they were just in a too crappy of an area to work safe. So I enlisted some help and winched them out, got 2 home. Was a big chore to do these two logs. Kinda big.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

woah... good job getting those monsters on the truck. I know cedar is not as heavy as oak, but those logs are still heavy. So... you have cedar coming out of your...:popcorn:

woah... good job getting those monsters on the truck. I know cedar is not as heavy as oak, but those logs are still heavy. So... you have cedar coming out of your...:popcorn:

Yup cedar comming out of the WAZZZZOOOO, at least another 8 logs to go, not quite that big though. Ya that big brute was a chore. While winching it out it was actually dragging the truck across the drive way. Had to have someone in the truck with it running holding the brakes on.

We had 4 guys lift the front of the logs up, one guy backed the truck under it until it reached the balance point, then just tip them in, and pushed the rest of the way, harder then it sounds actually.

Got some milling in today, only got 4 good boards, the ones I did with the alaskan. I wasted some material messing around with the Ripsaw. Then went back to the alaskan and one of the u-clamps broke, so I was done for the day early.

These are 12' long, well a bit more then 12' but once I square the ends they will be 12'. They are 1 1/4 x 6 1x4

attachment.php

good to see members from b.c. i'm from the interior. seeing the logs in the back of your truck reminds me when i was bringing home 3 fir logs mabee 10 feet long 14-16 d. any who driving out of the bush meet a MOF truck guy flaggs me over and starts reading me the riot act seems anything over firewood length needs a timber mark. let me go though since i knew him

good to see members from b.c. i'm from the interior. seeing the logs in the back of your truck reminds me when i was bringing home 3 fir logs mabee 10 feet long 14-16 d. any who driving out of the bush meet a MOF truck guy flaggs me over and starts reading me the riot act seems anything over firewood length needs a timber mark. let me go though since i knew him

he he he, nice one. I didn't have far to go, no logging operations around where I got the logs, so no one to question me. Hopefully!

Latest posts

Back