More high hopes...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Stihl dealers in my region were blowing them out on a sale this summer for just under $200.

I just saw them for $159.99 in the program for the Paul Bunyan show in Nelsonville.

Russ

My dealer has them for $179 all the time! This guys been eaten moldy bread!!:eek:

Stihl MS200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2347599142&category=2034

WOW
Start GBP 338.40 Approximately US $537.31
BIN GBP 470.00 Approximately US $746.27

I guess saws are more expensive over there???

I like this
"The STIHL MS200 is suitable for professional tree service, maintenance of public roads and parks and tree surgery: these are the preferred applications for STIHL's special-purpose saws. The machines are exceedingly compact and can therefore be guided with absolute accuracy. The high chain speed ensures a particularly clean cut and prevents the bark from tearing."

Looks like the fools bidding on the chain saws on e-bay have the same enthusiasm without the education of the guys on this site. Can anything be done???
Clem.

As for the 017 the price has already been covered they run about $170-$180 all over with some getting them a little cheaper. The one thing that has not been mentioned is the complete lie the seller told. He stated that it comes with a 1 year warranty. Unless he is willing to honor the warranty then it is void. If he says Stihl will cover the warranty then he must be a dealer and if that is the case then he is breaking Stihl rules by selling over the internet and could put his dealership in jeopardy. In any case it is a no-win situation exept for the fact he is screwing the buyer and screwing the local servicing dealer the buyer should buy the saw from.

Just my random thoughts

Bill

Why would anyone waste their money listing that. Not only is he out the listing fee he also is out the reserve auction fee unless he relists it. Then when he does he will have two fees to pay. A complete idiot.

As for the 170 take a look at the ending price. It just goes to prove there are at least two suckers out there, the high bidder and the backup bidder.

Bill

Ok there is something wrong here. The first auction ended at $260 with Sierra as the high bidder but the reserve not met. It was relisted and the resrve was met at $230 and the same high bidder.

Bill

Bill, When you relist you can lower the reserve. I've bought an item or two where I e-mailed the seller and told them that if they relisted with a lower reserve I would bid again.

That is true but it was the same bidder. There is no reason to lower the reserve below $260 when "Sierra" has bid that much. Just knock it off to him at $260. I have bought many items below reserve at my bid but never below my original bid. In any case the buyer got screwed. He paid more than reatil for a low grade saw with no warranty.

Bill

Back