More Homelite 360 drama.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I got some carb parts from Edge and Engine and I put my 360 together to try it again, same problem, it starts easy but always wants to die out, it does not want to idle and every time I give it gas it wants to die, when it dies there is no smoke and it seems to be just running out of fuel.

I have already replaced the intake boot, the base gasket and bushing that goes between the carb. body and the intake boot, the gasket that goes around the diaphragm and the gasket that goes around the rubber part on the impulse side of the carb.

After it died this time I tore apart the diaphragm and noticed it has fuel leaking onto the back side of it. Is there supposed to be any fuel leaking into there? Does this mean the diaphragm is leaking air and needs to be replaced?

Nope, the diaphragm should not be leaking. Go in a dark room, Take a flashlight and shine it on the under side of the diaphragm, if you can see light coming through anywhere, the diaphragm has a hole in it.

Thats what I had thought. If fuel is getting past the diaphragm then air is also getting in. Already ordered a new one and another for my XL which is exhibiting similar symptoms. And it looks like I sold you out of more stuff too!

Allright, I did the flashlight trick to the diaphragm and I can't see a hole or crack anywhere. I did it to two old diaphragms I had laying around, nothing, but I am still getting fuel leaking onto it, the holes must be very tiny or the diaphragm material itself must be completely failing. New ones are on order, if that doesen't fix the problem I am at a bit of a dead end, I will have run out of parts to replace.

So I got some carb parts from Edge and Engine and I put my 360 together to try it again, same problem, it starts easy but always wants to die out, it does not want to idle and every time I give it gas it wants to die, when it dies there is no smoke and it seems to be just running out of fuel.

I have already replaced the intake boot, the base gasket and bushing that goes between the carb. body and the intake boot, the gasket that goes around the diaphragm and the gasket that goes around the rubber part on the impulse side of the carb.

After it died this time I tore apart the diaphragm and noticed it has fuel leaking onto the back side of it. Is there supposed to be any fuel leaking into there? Does this mean the diaphragm is leaking air and needs to be replaced?

Did you check/ replace the fuel line? Seen them pinch & tear where they pass through the body of the saw.

Fuel line and filter look good, I seem to be getting a nice fuel flow to the saw. I suspected the impulse line but I got a nice pulse out of it when I had the saw apart and I turned it over with a cordless drill. I hope the impulse is allright, I dont really want to ahve to replace THAT.

Allright, I did the flashlight trick to the diaphragm and I can't see a hole or crack anywhere. I did it to two old diaphragms I had laying around, nothing, but I am still getting fuel leaking onto it, the holes must be very tiny or the diaphragm material itself must be completely failing. New ones are on order, if that doesen't fix the problem I am at a bit of a dead end, I will have run out of parts to replace.
I had a 360 that someone brought in for me to fix. I put a kit in the carb and replaced the carb boot. I found that the carb was very hard to get tuned in. It seemed that both Hi-Lo adjustments had to be taken out alot more than normal. I had just about given up but I did get it lined out and I guess it's still doing good. I haven't seen it since.

I was wondering about the carb settings. I had turned both needles out 1 1/2 turns from fully closed, I will try another full turn after I get the new diaphragm in and go from there.

Latest posts

Back