More plastic woes-MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
My dealer seems like a pretty nice guy. He offered to try to find me a used handle in lieu of the new one, but the only one he had was cracked in the SAME spot (surely this is a design flaw). It didn't sound like it was worth going to next level and possibly making him mad (He's the only dealer within 20 minutes of where I live).

With this evidence on the second saw, I would have kindly, but firmly, suggested that the dealer contact Stihl, or if he did not like to do so, I would tell him to do it myself.

a small battle worthy to fight IMO.

dingo

dingo

ArboristSite Guru
It might be a little safer to use with a new handle then with epoxy and tape, especially for $50.........just sayin'! ;)

Throwed a rod through the crankcase of an 088 and dealer said no dice, all kinds of skipping and jumping, even had the lawyer on it. Stihl sent me to another dealer and replaced the saw. We were a little company back then and needed the saw. Stihl made it right; and had no problems with the new saw.:clap:

Fish

Tree Freak
Actually, one of my twisted hobbies is going to Sears, and cracking the
handles on their saws in front of the salesmen, to see if I can start some poop.....................................
But I do not have cable here yet..............................