More power from a chainsaw....?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Great Idea, Thanks...
I have a decent sports cam and tri-pod... Do we have anybody willing to do the same with an xp? I can put the two vids as a side-by-side and upload to youtube.

I might be willing to go head to head with my ms390 with milling...once winters over. It would be cool to see if husky or stihls big farm/ranch is better.

The more the merrier... I can write up the details on how video/time recording should be done, size/type of tree, take all video submissions, and make an awesome compillation.... If we get enough participants... :cheers:

I like where this is going. Milling on a budget. I will say that I only paid a little over $100 for my ms390 and it only had a few tanks of gas run in it, total steal. So I dont care about overworking it to death. I will muff mod it and tune the carb but thats it before milling.

Yea, so will I...

However, if you haven't done any mods... Get some data with it stock, then data after mods...

Let's set a precedent here... "Data logging".... Get it...? :laughing:

Har har good pun. Im sure its been done but I will do broken in cookie cut stock and measure and identify wood then modify and test cut same wood. Im thinking 20" bar with milling chain and an alaskan type set up. I will be milling some oak and maple the beavers chewed around marsh but didnt manage to drop but def dead and hard wood.

Latest posts

Back