Morristown, NY Race

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
There will be chainsaw racing at Morristown's Fireman's Field Day on July 4, 2008. There will two "run what ya brung" worksaw classes, under 60cc and 60cc and bigger. There will also be an open hotsaw class. Wood will be 8x8 Aspen for the worksaws, 10x10 for the hotsaw. There will also be a parade, ATV mud racing, and fireworks. Racing starts around noon. PM me for directions, details, any questions.

Last edited:
berryman70

berryman70

ArboristSite Guru
When I first read your post it sounded like fun close by in NY, after doing a map search & if it's where I think it is, a little over 300 miles for me. Is it above the thousand Islands?

Danger Dan

Danger Dan

ArboristSite Guru
When I first read your post it sounded like fun close by in NY, after doing a map search & if it's where I think it is, a little over 300 miles for me. Is it above the thousand Islands?

It's close to Syracuse, off I-81.
Thanks for posting this Trout, think I might go.

troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Morristown is right on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, about 2 hours north of Syracuse. Go to Watertown, get on Rt. 37, follow that right to Morristown, just watch for the signs. Red- Yes, I'll be running the bikesaw, but the wood will be 10x10 or maybe 8x8, depending on what I can get, so it won't help much. My buddy is running my alky 046, he'll probably kick my butt with it. This is the First year for saw racing at this field day, so it will be a small event.....lots of work saws, lots of first-time racers. :cheers:

Last edited:
troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
It's getting close to The 4th! I have the log stands and safety barriers all built,

attachment.php

and some of the wood sawed, everything will be 8x8....

attachment.php

Chopwood

Chopwood

ArboristSite Guru
Hey Aric, is there any prizemoney? Not to be greedy, but the Silverado only gets about 14 a gallon. Is there any other events besides chainsawing? I almost have to go, it's only about two hours.

troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Aric, is there any prizemoney? Not to be greedy, but the Silverado only gets about 14 a gallon. Is there any other events besides chainsawing? I almost have to go, it's only about two hours.

Yes, the entry fees will be paid back as Prize money. I think the Entry fee will be $5 or $10 per class entered, but that's up to the Firemen. So, the payout will depend on how many folks show up to race. It's just chainsawing, and ATV Mud Racing, so bring your 4 wheeler. I think Ccicora is coming up too.

WildnCrazyGuy

WildnCrazyGuy

ArboristSite Operative
I'm thinking anyone with a hot rod Stihl MS361 with a good sharp chain has the under 60cc... Stihl specs that saw at 59cc... Sounds like fun. Hope you guys have good weather on the 4th. Enjoy.

troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm thinking anyone with a hot rod Stihl MS361 with a good sharp chain has the under 60cc... Stihl specs that saw at 59cc... Sounds like fun. Hope you guys have good weather on the 4th. Enjoy.

Yup, a 361, 359 husky, 2159 Jonsered, ect. would be good runners in that class. The two worksaw classes will be just that.......work saws. Gasoline, mufflers, stock flywheels, No 2 piece heads, ect. They can be ported, woodsports are fine.

Boogieman142

Boogieman142

ArboristSite Guru
hey, all of those log stands look familiar...lol. I'll be there also. Still planning on doing some more practice on tues. got another chain i want to try out.

Last edited:
troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
hey, all of those log stands look familiar...lol. I'll be there also. Still planning on doing some more practice on tues. got another chain i want to try out.

That big Friggin saw you got worries me just a bit....... I watched it blast through that 8x8:jawdrop: , it should be tuff to beat in the over 60 work saw class.

Latest posts