Most under rated chainsaw????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking for a very good underated firewood saw then the Husqvarna 365 is about the least talked about but one of the best pricewise. They have been sold for hundreds of $ less than the more popular 372 all along and now there is a clearout sale on them if they are not all gone. Would have to check at the service dept. but they were going for $550. +tax a little while back. The 455 was about in the same price range and received a lot more attention.
Pioneerguy600

The JD CS56 seems to be one saw that never gets picked for the team.

It also seems that the 365 Special/2165 is very underrated.

IMHO the list of OVEr-rated saws is quite long too

One I had in mind is the 575XP. I have run a couple of them now and for the crap they get on here, they are a fine running and strong saw.

I agree 110% mine has been nothing short of great. Funny how a few very early ones had trouble so that makes em all junk around here.

I can see how that mentality comes around though. I had a couple Chevy trucks that were junk in 1980 and have not had another Chevy truck since.

I know full well a Chevy aint junk, but I still got a new Ford truck coming next week

Echo cs440 is a great saw when used for it's intended porpose. I have Huskys, J-red's and a Stihl and I love the cs440.

A couple of the red-headed step child saws that get no love is the

echo cs-5000, mag case, super solid, dead reliable, the echo cs-3000

"sears best saws" which include:
the poulan's 3400, 3700, 3300, micro 25, 2750, a muffler mod and they're great saws, and my new favorite the sears/solo 651sp..what a steal.

I also love the homelite super 2's with dual triggers.

Husky 141 and 455.

Gotta agree with the 141 anyway.

I came on here thinking it had to be the Husky 36/41/136/141/137/142, or the Craftsman/Ryobi versions of the Redmaz GZ4000/GZ400, or maybe some of the non reed valve Echos.

My 15 year old Husky 36 is a fine little limber, plenty fast up to 6-8", handles lighter than it really is. I've tried a few other 35-40cc saws, but I usually reach for the Husky first, although that might change when I get around to at least opening up the muffler on the Ryobi.

I would agree with the Jonsered 2165, but I am also gonna throw the 2152 a bone. A good, reliable saw with the same build quality as the 2153, but over a hundred buck cheaper (at most dealers).

Another vote for the 488. And the 757. Heck, any Shindaiwa!

-=[ Grant ]=-

According to independent lab testing they have less power and more weight than advertised - and the practical testing disclosed several ergonomy etc issues as well.
Admittedly, the test was flawed in several ways, but that has nothing to do with those finds.

I have no link to it, just a paper printout, but the link is somewhere in the arhcives.

Back