Moved into the wood shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:msp_confused: what kind of bird is that? :msp_confused:

Is that usual in your area?

White peacock, I have blues, greens, and white. I let a few "free range" around the yard and he stays in the shed when the weather sucks. My wife thinks I am a little on the unstable side

Looks like a white peacock to me. How does the bird shizzz burn? LOL:msp_w00t:
We had some chickens, I've been thinking about getting a couple guineas. (SP?)

Learn something new every day - never heard of a white peacock before. sure looks pretty but don't think i'd want it mad at me.

All my birds will eat out of your hand well except a 30lb tom turkey who has an attitude. I have heard peacocks can be aggressive, guineas are great for ticks and watchdogs. Peacocks sound like a woman screaming for her life(or one really upset wife) up 40 ft in a pine during mating season, at 1:00 am the shotgun is real tempting but it is only for a couple of weeks a year

Dang sure on keeping them away from the cars. They like getting on them warm hoods and scratch the hell out of the paint.
It's unreal what a breeding pair of them are worth, around here I've heard 400-450.00 for a breeding age pair.

The green or java birds will go for $1000 a breeding pair. You would have to be on happy dust to pay that. I have been raising them for 15 years and their just pets. Mine do not land on the vehicles, I'd shoot the bastards:) but a friend has some and they roost on his 2010 xlt 350 along with his goats and it does not bother him abit

How hard are they to raise compared to chickens, quail, pheasants or other fowl?
When I was very small, I can verily remember prolly back around 65 or 66 my grandpa had a pair, loved to hear them scream. I wouldn't mind trying to raise a pair just for my own enjoyment, but have concerns over how hard it might be to raise them.

Back