MS 193t mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FredBear

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm trying to mod my MS 193t. It's unclear to me on how to get the limiter caps off and how much to take off the flywheel to get 6 deg off advance. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

6° is about 1/3 of the flywheel key. No need to remove the limiters just trim the stops on them. My 192T is tuned to 13k-13.2k but i think the coils are different so i don’t know the limit on the 193.

The limiter caps can be pushed off with a suitable tool, like the puller 5910 890 4501. You can also use a large flat screwdriver. Hold the tool against the carb body and the cap and carefully push it off. Here is a picture of the original tool.

Attachments

• Puller.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 30
Ok got the muffler and flywheel done on to the carb tune. I got the LA and the L screws. How should i adjust the H screw? I know the coil has a limiter in it. Right now the saw runs good but I get some oil out of the exhaust. Does turning the H screw in make it leaner?

Yes, if you turn the L or H screw clockwise, the mixture gets leaner. If you turn it counterclockwise the mixture gets richer. Buy a tach for tuning the H screw and richen the mixture that you are below the recomended high speed. Start from there and lean it slightly out and see where you are. If you have to use the saw and you have no tach, use the basic setting on the carb. Normally you can safely use it with this tune. Which carburetor do you exactly have on your saw?

The type of the carb is written or stamped on the carb body (example C1Q-S285). I think this carb and others were used on the MS 193T. If you have a newer one (after mid 2015) it`s possible that something like 1137/17 is written on it, also/or in combination with for example 100325A. That would mean the carb is a C1Q-100325A. That`s the newer identification from Zama/Stihl. The newer ones are also not named anymore in the IPL as I know, only the part number of the carb (example 1137 120 0617 for carburetor 1137/17).

Ok, thanks for that info. The basic setting for that carb with pre installed not seated limiter caps is from the completely closed position: H=2, L=1. For a correct tuning you need an electronic tachometer. See the instructions below for the correct tuning process.

Attachments

• Tuning procedure MS 193 T.pdf
    632.2 KB · Views: 64
great idea. I'll take a look at it. Going to cut again today. I'll run it with the basic settings. I got this saw because I have a bad back and it worked perfectly. The lighter weight helped out.

it was probably a little more than 1 turn out because I was scared of running lean. I still had oil residue coming out of the exhaust. So I figured it was oiling ok.

Latest posts

Back