MS 200T gas tanks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VT-Woodchuck

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
A week or two ago I bought a 200T with a cracked gas tank. I bought a tank which is different, in that it has two hoses/pipes instead of the one from the original. ( Original is on the left, new on the right) I believe I was told by someone on here that Stihl made an adapter kit for this tank. Can anyone give me a parts number, as my local dealer got a real blank look on his face when I mentioned it.
Thanks for any help.

Can't wait to get this baby running! :clap:

The 2 hose tank is the newest one used in production. The hose on the left is the tank vent. You may be able to tuck it up under the handle in the cavity where the original tank vent stuck up and get it to work. I modified my 200T to use the new vent and hose from the nipple your old tank has. I had to Dremel out some material on the handle but it works fine. I am not aware of a kit.

To do it correctly, you'd also need the left side of the handle.. and it sells for about $75...

Your dealer should have ordered 1129 350 0853 - the correct tank which is clearly called out on the IPL... and available.

Back