ms 200t mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no need. Just open the muffler, reset the carb and it will scream. If you still want more you can always get an 084

Just take out the screen and you shouldn't have any problem, maybe richen the hi speed a little. I have taken them apart but they are tricky to get back together. They will need new screws. There is really no need they are a well peaked saw from the factory. Does yours run good ? Is it new or used ? If it is new I would break it in rich then clean or remove the screen and fine tune the carb. same with used but skip the break in.

sthil made a good saw . the 200t is awsome has plenty of power right off the shelf. only thing ive ever did to the 3 i own is take out the spark arrestor screen

The saw in brand new I used it today for the first time it has way more power then my 335xpt. I tried to take the muffler apart to get at the screen and those little screws did break rite off . They must use some super lock tite om their stuff. They're going to be fun to get out. Thanks for the input on the saw.

I have seen that saw modded and it cut quite nicely for a small saw. I do not know what the before and after cut times were though and never saw a stock one cut. Saw mods can run from pretty mild to cranky. I have seen some that had compression cranked up to where they would not be nice to start up in the air in a tree. Rough figures should be 20-25% reduction in cut time for modding muffler and another 10-15% reduction from still nicely workable engine mods without giving up much saw life or useability.

The worst part of the 020T and 200T is the fact you have to "deshell" them to get to any thing.It must have taken me 45 minutes how to disect the first one I ever did .There are worse out there though than these little gems.

I tried to take the muffler apart to get at the screen and those little screws did break rite off . They must use some super lock tite om their stuff.

Loctite will normally loosen with heat. Why not run the saw get it warm and take your screws out.

I have modded the ms200t. There is a little to be gain but I think there are more risks because the saw will be up in the tree. The ports are close to the skirt anyway but you can widen them some, you can pull the base gasket and get some compression and intake timing but the compression will make it a little tougher to start in the tree and you will have to raise the exhaust and transfers back to stock.

There is no loctite on the screws. They just break off when you take them out. They are not intended to come out. Just need to replace them. Be careful, those mufflers are a little pricey.

Latest posts

Back