MS 201T Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"If I can read the small print right, it looks like 1.1 lbs heavier and a 0.4 bhp increase over the ms 200. Any word on when they will hit the USA?"

:msp_confused: That doesn't fit with the numbers on that page????

Sorry guys, I'm a carver so I was looking and comparing the rear handles. Everyone else here is just interested in the top handles. My original numbers are correct for the rear handle. They added much more weight to it than the the top handle.

"If I can read the small print right, it looks like 1.1 lbs heavier and a 0.4 bhp increase over the ms 200. Any word on when they will hit the USA?"

Sorry guys, I'm a carver so I was looking and comparing the rear handles. Everyone else here is just interested in the top handles. My original numbers are correct for the rear handle. They added much more weight to it than the the top handle.

The hp change still doesn't add up! .1kw could be translated into either .1 or .2 hp, depending on how the numbers are rounded off, but there is no way it could be .4hp. That isn't even possible with .2kw!

Getting the strato replacement saw with the same power and no significant weight increase IS pretty good. Based on all the other strato series saws, this one should have better torque too, which could make a big difference. We'll know once this saw and the new Husky get in people's hands for a bit.

True, if it's matching a rocket 200T's performance and is pretty much the same weight, AND spring AV'd AND is gonna be more economical... it should be an "improved" 200T then.. But betcha bottom dollar the thieves at Stihl won't be "improving" the price with it though

I'm just really glad they kept it looking like a chainsaw instead of a candle left out in the sun like Husky is doing.

If the specs are true and it performs like a 200 then Stihl will keep the crown.

But betcha bottom dollar the thieves at Stihl won't be "improving" the price with it though
Prices from all manufacturers have been going up to help pay for the new technology along with other factors. So I guess they are all thieves.

MS200T is listed at stihlusa.com as 3.6 kg, and the MS201T is listed in the first post as 3.7 KG. That's only 0.2 lbs. Can't beat that. The increased fuel economy should be a real plus on big climbing jobs.

I'm anxious to check out this MS241 too. It does indeed look like a little MS261. That will have the 241, 261, 271, 291, and 362 all looking very similiar, with the 362 being the most different.

Last edited:
I'm anxious to check out this MS241 too. It does indeed look like a little MS261. That will have the 241, 261, 271, 291, and 362 all looking very similiar, with the 362 being the most different.

This is where Stihl will beat Husky at their own game, and it's very smart from a purely manufacturing end of things.

You'll have MS171, 181, 211 MS231, 241, 251 MS261, 271, 291 MS311, 362, 391 that's 12 models of saws. And Stihl will only need have to have 4 sets of plastic molds, production lines, etc. After being down at the plant and hearing how much each injection molding machine costs, this move will save Stihl hundreds on millions of dollars in production costs. And for service guys like myself it mean less money tied up in parts, and less overhead. It will be nice to have 4 air filters instead of 15, 4 fuel lines in stead of 10, 2-3 impulse lines instead of 8, this is a huge deal.

Last edited:
MS200T is listed at stihlusa.com as 3.6 kg, and the MS201T is listed in the first post as 3.7 KG. That's only 0.2 lbs. Can't beat that. The increased fuel economy should be a real plus on big climbing jobs.

Add that the 251 and 231 will look like the 241.

Latest posts

Back