ms 211 vs ms 250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an MS211 and love it. It's light and smooth running. The 250 gives you a bit more power for the trade-off of a little more weight, but it may be a better choice for your stated needs. The Easy-2-Start option is available for either one, and is probably a good choice. The best thing would be to find a place to try them out, or at least handle them for a while. It really depends on whether you care more about weight/vibration or power.

I say Stihl MS 250 with a 16" bar and non safety chain will fit the job perfectly. I would run till the warranty expired then muffler mod it and readjust the carb to match. :msp_biggrin:

An MM'd MS250 is surprisingly strong for it's weight and displacement. Here it is compared to 60cc saws of yore... ;):

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mLyiWqM55oM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MS250 is fine. It has the crappiest air filter ever designed, but even that wouldn't stop me. Buy some extra filters and be careful with the plastic tabs and go cut wood. 211 has tempted me too, but 250 would still be my vote.

Endorsement

I can't compare the saws, but I have run an 025 since the mid 90's (I think) and it's been great. I use 18" bar and .325 chain.

It's been totally reliable, needed minimal maintenance and has plenty of go for the size/weight.

Back