Ms 280

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CertifiedFunds said:
Whats a good price?

Less than you paid on eBay! HA HA, could have bought you a Dolmar 5100S for $400 easy! Don't mean to come accross so mean, but I would be :cry: if I was you. Oh well, consider it cheap learning experience!

hi guys,
i found this site via a german chainsaw site.
I want to introduce myself.I'm a german student, 20 years old and one hobby of mine is to work with wood.
I own some Stihl saws and i'm very comfortable with them (036, 210, 260)

Do you know, what a Stihl 280 is about here in Germany?
catalog price: 897,8$
including discount: 720$

Facing this difference i wish to live in the US.

Sincerly
Florian

Last edited:
Florian_Hae said:
Do you know, what a Stihl 280 is about here in Germany?
catalogAE price: 897,8$
including discount: 720$

Facing this difference i wish to lie in the US.

Sincerly
Florian
Welcome at AS! :rockn:

They have nearly given the 280 and 390 away here this year ( huge discounts), but they still were about 550-600 USD......

on German sites there are hot discussions at the moment how to get a chainsaw from the US...shipping, taxes, duty, and so on.

Even Husqvarna saws are in great demand because of the big differences in price.

Horizontal case and they are completely different.... They are about as similar as an 031 is to an MS310.. Stihl was just cashing in on an old name...

The MS280 is a very nice saw - better construction than the MS250/290- series; not quite as good as the true Pro series (MS260, 361 etc)...

Horizontal case and they are completely different.... They are about as similar as an 031 is to an MS310.. Stihl was just cashing in on an old name...

The MS280 is a very nice saw - better construction than the MS250/290- series; not quite as good as the true Pro series (MS260, 361 etc)...

No problems agreeing to that - the only issue I have with them is that the weight is much closer to the 361, than the power is........:greenchainsaw:

They have nearly given the 280 and 390 away here this year ( huge discounts), but they still were about 550-600 USD......

Here they first raised the price for the 390 from $700 in 2005 to $915 in 2006, only to in November have a hand-in-your-old-saw-and-get-a-discount-on-a-new-sale where the price was lowered to about $630.

I thought they wanted to get rid of the last ones in stock before discontinuing it, but now they're back and at a whopping $915. With the 361 at $985 I can't see how they could sell any 390 at all now.

The 280 is around $885 or, say, 700€, no discounts at all seen...

maccall;6025n06 said:
Here they first raised the price for the 390 from $700 in 2005 to $915 in 2006, only to in November have a hand-in-your-old-saw-and-get-a-discount-on-a-new-sale where the price was lowered to about $630 .....

I have seen the Swedish discount adds - they add up with what you say, but the 390 never has been even close to 915 USD here - but they went quite a bit up for 2006 here also, before they were discounted down quite a bit more......:confused: :dizzy:

I don't care about the 390 anyway, the 280 is a bit more interesting, but only if there is a huge discount on the standard (non-C) version..........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back