ms 361. Check this out. pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the saw picture

I think it looks almost like some Tanaka :laugh: but repainted like a STHIL
attachment.php

the saw pictured is made in the chinees slave factorys:jawdrop: :chainsaw:

If someone has the patience and the urge to do the right thing, they should send all of the bidders a link to this post and let them decide for themselves what "they" should do about it. I know that you could send each of them an email through ebay by going through their user id. I know any experienced chainsaw-er knows this is a fraud and not a true MS361, but I hate to see someone get ripped off. I would rather see them buy a Poulan from Walmart rather than some Chinese imitation from ebay.

I think I might send a couple of the highest bidders a little note of love from the States. Maybe it just might save him a few bucks or at least the hassle of being disappointed.

I just sent the seller a nasty gram and sent e-bay a little letter. That is nothing more than theft if you ask me.

I sent two emails about this to ebay. I did get the standard form response. Maybe ebay is going to let this one go and sort everything out in the end.

I just sent the seller a nasty gram and sent e-bay a little letter. That is nothing more than theft if you ask me.

I agree. I disagree with ebay's decision to hide the bidders id's. That only leaves the door wide open for shill bidding. Anyone could create a new id and up their own bids, and you would never know it. That is total crap.

I emailed him about it, asking if it was an actual Stihl and asking about the Dolmar bar on it and his reply was:

"then do not bid"

Oh well, someone is going to get hosed on this deal if eBay's fraud people don't get on it.

auction just ended. Someone got screwed.

I also notified ebay.uk. and asked the seller a question.
no response yet.

I notified the winning bidder too. and included a link to this site/thread.

Damn, this stuff makes me mad.

:angry:

I notified the winning bidder too and also referenced this thread... didn't realize James had already done it.

Ian

I'm not sure what to say. That's absolutely obsurd.

Ditto. The only thing we can do is take solice in the fact that some here on AS are vigilant and tried to educate the system as well as the bidder(s). I know on another site I frequent that deals with bigger equipment members that have noticed scams on eBay have thrown huge overbids on the "non-items" to get them flagged and eBay shuts down the auction. Don't know if that would have worked here and I've never done it myself. I have a hard time throwing down a six or seven figure bid on anything even if eBay will throw out the auction.

All you need is a Stihl authority to notify Ebay...

I sent one more fradulent auction notice to ebay. I sure hope this turns out okay.

In my experience, I have found that Ebay is actually quite good at dealing with this type of stuff if they are notfied by an authority. An authority in this case could be someone working for Stihl or perhaps even a certified Stihl dealer that could verify (easy in this case) that the item posted is not authentic. A simple email will do the job. Ebay can and will pull such auctions from their site. Do not think that the Chinese are only limited to building crappy knock-off chainsaws! This stuff is rampant.

Hey, the largest supply of fake US money comes from North Korea... maybe send him some of those notes to pay for the 'saw'? :rockn:

I just went to that china website and found a nice Stihl knock off. 72cc saw for $200...buy a couple of Stihl badges from Ebay and you cold probably fool most people.....scary!

I got a response from the "361" winner that he hadn't paid for it yet and he wasn't about to considering this new information.

Ian

Hey, the largest supply of fake US money comes from North Korea...

But the best quality forgeries, called "Super Notes" come directly from the CIA, used to fund "non-funded" covert ops... ;) Even the experts can't tell the difference. Right paper, right ink, right everything, only the serial#s are fake.

Ian

Latest posts

Back