MS 361 Modded muffler on ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maytagman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has purchased a modded muffler for a ms 361 from the guy selling them on ebay. His seller id is scottwojo. If so, do you think it was a noticeable improvement other than sound?

Wojo has 361s odded mufflers now, eh? I have not tried them myself. I bought some GB bars from him over a year ago here on AS when he was a sponsor. His mods should give you about 10% increase in power if they are done right. I think he advertized more like 20%, but that is more like what you would get from a full port mod, and not a muffler mod. It looks like a Lakeside 361 muffler mod knock-off to me, but the screen does not look quite right. Issue is that you need a large area of screen and not just the second port covered flat with screening material, otherwise it restricts the exhaust too much. Anyway to me they seem expensive.

125 for a pice of sheet metal? Id pass, i should start modding them for that price. If you wana do it youself All you need is a cheep welder is you wanted to do it youself. Ebay sells weler for under $100
Good luck

Cheap "welder" won't do it. For thin metal you need very precise current control... which is why I use gas.

I now have a TIG that can go down to 5 amps, but it wasn't cheap.

I did my 361 muffler like Andy (lakeside) recommended with my oxy acetelyene torch and a small tip using brazing rod. It turned out great and made a big difference in the saw's performance. It is really not a big deal to do it yourself.

prep everything yourself for your muffler mod then take it to a welding shop.... the shop I went to used a tig...took them less that five minutes....they charged me 8 bucks.

prep everything yourself for your muffler mod then take it to a welding shop.... the shop I went to used a tig...took them less that five minutes....they charged me 8 bucks.

Great idea.
I like saving money.
I was going to ask if anyone on here did a good Andy Style muffler modd, what you would charge to send one my way.
I think I will ask anyway, in case the welding shop screws up my only muffler.

Any Modders selling MS361 Andy Style mufflers please send me a PM.

Or any members in non EPA countrys willing to ship a free breathing factory muffler? I see the IPL lists several.

Thanks

Moderators
If the above question is against the rules, feel free to delete.
I know it is close to the line but I don't think any of the sponsors sell modded mufflers.
If a sponsor does, please speak up. I know I'm not the only one willing to be seperated from my hard earned cash.

Last edited:
I dont think a good weld shop would screw up your muffler. Im a halfa$$ed welder and I could do it. I wouldnt feel nervous at all sending it to a good shop.:greenchainsaw:

I dont think a good weld shop would screw up your muffler. Im a halfa$$ed welder and I could do it. I wouldnt feel nervous at all sending it to a good shop.:greenchainsaw:

agreed my weld looks factory even better. a good weld shop will not mess it up.

Cheap "welder" won't do it. For thin metal you need very precise current control... which is why I use gas.

I now have a TIG that can go down to 5 amps, but it wasn't cheap.

Ok if you expirienced you can weld sheet metal with tig, mig and stick. Not very easy but i can do it. But i just use the tig like you sugest but yes thair alot of $$$

Last edited:
I am probably going to do the lakeside mod myself, but I did want to say that if you send your muffler to wojo he will do it for $75. The $125 was for a modded new muffler. I like the lakeside mod idea, but if you want a mod muffler wojo may not be way out of the ball park if you end up buying a unibit, brazing rod torch ect. My biggest obstical is my uncle, my stihl dealer in business for 20+ years. I haven't even talked to him since this darn website got me all jacked up over this muffler mod. I was perfectly happy wiht my Duramax pickup also until I found a couple diesel truck forums. I have become quite good at making purchases and having them sent to work to avoid my wife! My uncle may think it is fine, who knows, but I still remember talking about shaving the heads on my snowmobile and the head shaking that followed. I think he may be one of the dealers that will tell you it has plenty of power the way it is. I think I may just sneak into his shop and do the mod on the weekend when he isn't around and then take it to him for a chain sharpening. He usually starts it up and winds it up to see how it is running. Then I can just watch his eyebrows as he starts looking towards the muffler......

IMHO you don't need fancy equipment or contract out to a welding shop. This was done with a std. propane torch and a flux coating brazing rod.

361001.jpg

I didint know you could fuse metal with STD's ?
Good luck with that Matt
and what paint did you use

Back