MS 441....Are they panning out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better yet a 7900-70cc weight 80cc performance:clap::clap:

Stihls have plastic wrap bars every body else uses metal and Stihl saws still cost more? POC's IMO:clap:

Uhhhhhhhhh excuse me sir. I hate to tell you this but your opinion no longer matters, Stihl got the award, you got the uhhhhhhhhhhh what did you get Fred,hmmmmm. Oh I know, you got to give me the pleasure of telling you Stihl got the award, thats what you got, thankya, thankya very much,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Better yet a 7900-70cc weight 80cc performance:clap::clap:

Stihls have plastic wrap bars every body else uses metal and Stihl saws still cost more? POC's IMO:clap:

OOPS

newer Stihls have plastic wrap bars every body else uses metal and Stihl saws still cost more? POC's IMO

Howdy,
I really find it interesting that a year ago everyone was panning the 441, and now it's like the greatest thing since sliced bread with the 440 availability going away. It really reminds me of when the 371 replaced the 272. It ended up as a 372 which is a fantastic well proven saw. Let's face it, we're creatures of habit. Until the change looks better than the present, the vast majority of us just aren't going to. I think it'll be interesting when Stihl puts out the larger displacement versions of this technology to see if they can sway the opinions of the left coasters.
Regards
Gregg

Wrap a turd in orange and white and see the sheep come. Doesn't matter to me who sells more. I've ran and had enough of them apart to know they are much better on ebay than in my toolbox. You know that too cuz you sell em.

Haha, hey Fred the view in the front of the pack is great. I guess your view behind the pack is always the same huh, I'm gonna grunt and give you an award back there, might wanna hold ya nose, here she blows,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Haha, hey Fred the view in the front of the pack is great. I guess your view behind the pack is always the same huh, I'm gonna grunt and give you an award back there, might wanna hold ya nose, here she blows,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the fun, cool award too. But I still don't like em. Have a good night.:cheers::cheers:

Stihls are a fair bit cheaper than Husky's in Canada. Like 30% cheaper on equivalent models. New 357XP was $830. New MS361 was $660 so pound for pound and dollar for dollar Stihl wins.

Last edited:
They've cost my crew so much F-ing production it's silly. Got another one in my shop right now that looks like a fine canidate for a boat anchor! The guys on the crew are forbidden from buying them. 460's are great saws.

Mad the huskapullon plant didn't get any awards?

LOL, grab a 440 if you want the best 70cc.

I'll try to explain this award to you. It is an award given for brand management. The organization recognized Stihl for having the strongest name recognition world wide. It has little to do with one particular saw model . An example of a world class brand is Jeep. Great name recognition, but a average product in most measures. Jeep has been owned by so many corporations it has only its name left. I am sure that the 441 will reach Shindawa status as soon as it is released. It will have wait a while to live up to its reliability reputation. I think it is better to come out with the fastest or lightest saw first. Stihl needs something that the consumer can measure first. A good example of a successful release was the Dolamar 5100. They had one of the fastest and the lowest cost in the category.Customers were willing to look past problems with regional carb settings to get the fast saw. Husky launched the 346NE and has dominated the 50cc class ever since. I also think Husky was smart to rename the 576 with its launch. Any saw manufacture releasing a saw in the 50 60 or 70 cc class will have to have a true winner in several categories important to customers to have success. If not the customer will be able to buy a competitors product at a reduced price.
ZG

LOL, but I know that you disagreed with him on at least one issue - my 361 is down to 14200 by now...:cheers:

14,200 , thats perfecto. I know many run them higher but I've never seen the point in it. They cut just as fast as 14 as they do 14,500. Mine is right at 14 and its plenty fast. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'll try to explain this award to you. It is an award given for brand management. The organization recognized Stihl for having the strongest name recognition world wide. It has little to do with one particular saw model . An example of a world class brand is Jeep. Great name recognition, but a average product in most measures. Jeep has been owned by so many corporations it has only its name left. I am sure that the 441 will reach Shindawa status as soon as it is released. It will have wait a while to live up to its reliability reputation. I think it is better to come out with the fastest or lightest saw first. Stihl needs something that the consumer can measure first. A good example of a successful release was the Dolamar 5100. They had one of the fastest and the lowest cost in the category.Customers were willing to look past problems with regional carb settings to get the fast saw. Husky launched the 346NE and has dominated the 50cc class ever since. I also think Husky was smart to rename the 576 with its launch. Any saw manufacture releasing a saw in the 50 60 or 70 cc class will have to have a true winner in several categories important to customers to have success. If not the customer will be able to buy a competitors product at a reduced price.
ZG

Zero that post deserves an award in itself. It deserves the Great Imagination Award. Would you like it bronzed or silver plated,LOL

They've cost my crew so much F-ing production it's silly. Got another one in my shop right now that looks like a fine canidate for a boat anchor! The guys on the crew are forbidden from buying them. 460's are great saws.

Before you throw it in the lake let me know, I'll send you my address and you can throw it out here instead :D

Back