MS 441....Are they panning out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The John Deere relationship is terrible. I sent my Wife to grab a six pack of Ultra. I even wrote down what i wanted so she could hand it to teh guy at the counter. I wrote, "Stihl Ultra full synthetic".....he gave her a six pack of the Stihl dino oil. retards at that dealership far as I'm concerned. They also don't service the saws they sell

I have run into the uninformed/careless counter jockeys at many dealerships. The partnership I am more specifically referring to is at the Stihl-John Deere company level. Deere is pushy with their own dealers, now that Stihl is in the mix it's going to be interesting to see what happens to them. Deere started a program not long ago, forcing all dealers to link together into superstore chains. Many singly owned dealers have been forced into partnerships with their competitors in other towns. Great Lakes Green Power is a great example here in Michiana.

I don't think Stihl will be so eager to be partnered with Deere and Co. here after a few years, but I have been wrong before.
On the bright side though....I now have a Stihl dealer three miles from me instead of 15, and I am capable of doing my own research before the purchase so the salesman is not going to be any bottle neck for me.

yup, all the John Deere dealerships are merged here now. They are all "South Country Equipment" The Stihl dealer in one small town just closed his doors last month thanks to the mighty green monstrosity

yup, all the John Deere dealerships are merged here now. They are all "South Country Equipment" The Stihl dealer in one small town just closed his doors last month thanks to the mighty green monstrosity

That was one of the bad scenarios that I had wondered about. Not long ago Fiat/NewHolland purchased a controlling interest in CaseIH, the new merger called the Case NewHolland conglomerate has a whole new set of identity problems. Locally there is a large CaseIH dealer and not 5 miles away is a NewHolland dealer. Sooner or later I'm sure the CaseIH tractors will fade into obscurity and so will the red paint. But, on the bright side there two tractor companies emerged, McCormick and the newest incarnation of Versatile.

I'm not saying that this will happen with Stihl, but I'm sure some smaller dealers will bite the dust or have to switch brands to endure. We do need some competetion around here for Stihl though, as it's kinda lopsided as to brand dealerships. JJ

You need an MS882, my friend! :cheers::cheers::givebeer:

Good to see you around again! :cheers::cheers:

A what, a 882, isn't that two 441's put together,haha.

So whatcha think Sawtroll, Sithl now reconized as one of Americas greatest brands, all thanks to yours truely of course,LOL

i guess for now we will have to wait till sawdust days in october to find out the rest of that story. Gerald was the one who told me about the air cover clips on the 441, but when i asked if he had anyone come back for more he never gave me a straight answer! Yes, he mentioned his 361&460. I asked about the 261/362/461 saws and he wouldn't allude to much on those models but said that he was pretty sure that those were going to be the demo saws that they would have in october. Maybe i should just wait and see what the supposed 461 can bring to the table.
Are you going to attend sawdust days? Where do you live in nin? Well i hope to see you there. Jj
yeh i will be there,i live close to crommwell. There is a new 362 floating around in our area right now,between 4-5 dealers.all i can say about the jd/stihl thing,is that i think people need to be patient.this is an all new thing for the dealers,and they were givin very little notice/training time. As for me,it is a dream come true.my 2 favorite things under one roof,i'm like a kid in a candy store!!!!!!!!!!!!

The JD dealers around here are crooks and charlatans; you couldn’t pay me to deal with them. There is some remaining brand loyalty and they are coasting on it. More and more New Holland and Cat are taking away the business. Several major farms have switched their fleets over the last few years. Once they did the medium farms started taking a hard look at what they are buying too.
As far as the Stihl stuff goes they can’t seem to order stuff in without tacking on freight that is higher than the price of the item. One screw for a Stihl recoil cover does not cost $12.57 to ship. On top of that I had to wait two weeks and then it came with a pallet load of other parts!

Mr. HE:cool:

Sawtroll speaking of copying I bet Husky would like to copy this:

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va.)–The American Brands Council has recognized STIHL as one of America’s greatest brands. The iconic outdoor power equipment manufacturer will be featured in the 2009 edition of America’s Greatest Brands, a hard cover coffee table book recognizing some of the strongest and most trusted business brands in the United States.

Currently in its seventh edition, America's Greatest Brands features leading companies from a brand marketing perspective. The book explores the history behind the top brands and highlights their innovations and accomplishments. America’s Greatest Brands offers insight from the highly respected marketing and communication professionals that comprise the American Brands Council.

Each company is featured in a two-page spread. Among brands recognized in this year’s book include Campbell’s Soup, the National Football League (NFL) and Xerox.

“We are honored to receive this recognition from the American Brands Council,” said Peter Burton, vice president of sales and marketing at STIHL Inc. “The entire STIHL team – from employees and our twelve U.S. distributors to our hardworking servicing dealers – is dedicated to the success of the STIHL brand, and it is thanks to their commitment to excellence that the brand continues to be one of the leaders in the industry.”

Who cares about some Kiss ### award. I've ran em all and the 372 is the best built/running 70cc saw there is. Period. Brand loyal sheeple over at the Stihl counter IMO.

Who cares about some Kiss ### award. I've ran em all and the 372 is the best built/running 70cc saw there is. Period. Brand loyal sheeple over at the Stihl counter IMO.

Mad the huskapullon plant didn't get any awards?

LOL, grab a 440 if you want the best 70cc.

Hahaha, whats wrong Fred, ya upset they didn't reconize Dolmar, Husky or you,LOL Looks like you need to abort that mission your on, seems to be backfiring on ya. Americas Greatest Brand, man Fred, that has a good ring to it,hehehe We'll see ya in the funny paper Fred, LOLOLOLOL

Hahaha, whats wrong Fred, ya upset they didn't reconize Dolmar, Husky or you,LOL Looks like you need to abort that mission your on, seems to be backfiring on ya. Americas Greatest Brand, man Fred, that has a good ring to it,hehehe We'll see ya in the funny paper Fred, LOLOLOLOL

Wrap a turd in orange and white and see the sheep come. Doesn't matter to me who sells more. I've ran and had enough of them apart to know they are much better on ebay than in my toolbox. You know that too cuz you sell em.

Latest posts

Back