Ms 661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Price for a new 660 should be $950-$1150 depending on the dealer. The newer 660's aren't suppposed the greatest for power in stock form or so I've read on this site. If you don't need it right now you might consider waiting for the new 661 to come out. If it's a quad port motor it will be worth the wait.

A stock 660 is really unimpressive to me. If the 661 is a quad port design I figure it will be a freaking beast.....

Price for a new 660 should be $950-$1150 depending on the dealer. The newer 660's aren't suppposed the greatest for power in stock form or so I've read on this site. If you don't need it right now you might consider waiting for the new 661 to come out. If it's a quad port motor it will be worth the wait.

would def be waiting for 661. just was figuring a slight mark up for the 661 over the 660 so looking for a ball park. :rock:

but i thought you were only buying huskies:tongue2:

I was.... in 2012 :msp_wink: it's a new year and I like the lines of that saw. :cheers: I was in another thread yesterday and it made me look up a youtube video of my old 44 when Randy ported it. Made me miss it a little. So might be looking to fill a void.

The C on the model indicates MTronic, as does the holeless grommet.:rock:

hmmm the fact that theres a holeless grommet means to me that there was a model that had a

standard carb maybe we get that one first just like the 441 and then the 441cm i don't care much

for the m tronic but would love one like the 461, ether way i'm getting one

Every time I go into my fav Mom&Pop Stihl shop, I always take time to swing by the saw shelves just to see what's there, but I haven't purchased a new Stihl saw in a few years. Since then, I've been telling the owner that I'm just waiting for the 661. Now I'll have to put my money where my mouth has been!

:chainsawguy:

I've seen and handled this saw but without the M-Tronic feature. It performed flawlessly in it's tests. The pictures are accurate.

Add in the M-Tronic AND Fuel Injection from the cut-off saw and you will have a Sawmill with a handle.

I'm in. :D

You might really like the 661 and convert... You could be like Andrew then :laugh:

Hopefully Stihl have also changed the balance over a 660. I think they'll be a great saw but having a stash of Husky mount 9mm bars means I won't be jumping on board anytime soon. Hopefully Husky will bring out a 90cc saw with a design similar to the 550XP then we'll see :D
At least the M-Tronic and other engine design changes will mean that you won't have to take out shares in BP to feed the bloody thing fuel unlike the 660...

YIPPY now i can replace me 390xp with a 661 it's got flippys :feel_good:

Hah hah. Swapping over just for flippys? Seriously?

275320d1359070314-03-jpg

275318d1359070310-01-jpg

275319d1359070312-02-jpg

Pic bump.

I have to say the 660 was one of the nicest looking saws, even though I didn't care for how they ran or felt. This saw looks even better IMHO, and if it runs like people say the 461 does, I'm in.

That is a handsome saw. very good lines.

Any specs on weight yet?

Also, that airbox looks redesigned, does it have an air pre cleaner system like husky or echo? That was a major oversight on the 461 IMHO.

Back