Ms 880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3/8 will be the large mount bar pattern.

that sucks big time! wainting for the owner to call back guess I need to get a 32in. bar on it so I can start milling but I didnt see that as an option on the web site any thoughts on that?

What sizes are offered from Stihl with the 3/8 large mount? I think mine came with a 30" .404. Whats the next size up?

3/8 is what I want and 21, 30, 41,47, didnt see a 32iner thats the size I need for my mill

Last edited:
problem slove thanks to ginks and baileys went with the 36in. mill and it takes up to a 42in. bar I can get a 41in. bar wish I could rep you gink

Last edited:
only options on bar length 30in. or 36in. my mill is 32in. to max it out...any ideas?
With an 880, I wouldn't use less than a 36" x 0.063" bar. You can get longer rails for your Alaskan mill.

Not only will you not be able to swap bars between the 880 and the 460, but you won't be able to share chains either. The 880 bar will be 0.063", and the drive link count will probably be different, even for the same length bar.

For example, a 36" bar for the 460 takes 114 links, while a 36" bar for the 880 takes 123 links.

Good luck, and have fun. :)

Last edited:
With an 880, I wouldn't use less than a 36" x 0.063" bar. You can get longer rails for your Alaskan mill.

Not only will you not be able to swap bars between the 880 and the 460, but you won't be able to share chains either. The 880 bar will be 0.063", and the drive link count will probably be different, even for the same length bar.

For example, a 36" bar for the 460 takes 118 links, while a 36" bar for the 880 takes 123 links.

Good luck, and have fun. :)

lol yep its all just now hitting me and thought about a 660 NOT just glad I was able to catch it 36 in. mill is on the way and with the big poplars I have to mill sould all work out now! I have the mini mill for edging will strap the 460 to that.

My Stihl saw chain chart says the 36" bar on the 880 has 104 drive links. The 41" has 123. Fewer drive links when you jump up to 404...

When you spot the New kitchen Cabinets......You'll know she spotted it.

:chainsaw::chainsaw:

Lol I remodel my whole house including the shop she has a range with a gas top and electric oven it was a must have item 2500.00 shes not that good of a cook! just kidding! I have alot of saws in the shop so she may not even notice.

I just swapped carbs on mine got rid the of the stock one and put a 084 carb on it, seems to run stronger with it.

Well were is it . I see you have it listed in your sig but yet no pics. Ya just must be pulling are legs:hmm3grin2orange:

Beefie

lol The saw is still brand new had it a week now has not seen gas or oil yet. Alskan 36in. mill is ready the edger ready order some ripping chain yesterday, have 3 more trees to drop and get ready I will have about 3000 bf when I get started....still got to get the staging area ready going to mill down hill,so I would say its going to be about 2 weeks before I can start. The 880 will get some action this week I have a lot of stumbs to do as well.

Back