Ms150t issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treesmith

tree hugger/cutter
Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble with an ms150t lanyard clip pulling out? It happened once and went back to stihl who fixed it under warranty and also the broken handle from when it hit the deck. The next week it did it again, no damage this time other than a bent bar. This is a company saw that gets used by a couple of climbers. The other two 150s (mine and another climbers) have been fine. Anyone else seen this?
ebfa5b955a043a3e94b120c8550f9430.jpg

Nope.

But I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks.

It's just keeping it oiling that I struggle with sometimes.
What bar/chain are you running? We've all got the 1/4" .043, never known a saw throw so much oil, we use it just for small pruning and deadwood though with just the occasional 10"-12" cut

Same bar and chain.
When it oils it's a champ.

Seems easy to block the bar and I think the filter in the tank.

After the last episode of not oiling I flushed the tank and it all looked clean but it wouldn't oil until I blew back through the oiler.

I also enlarged the oiler hole in the bar and it ran like a champ today, on an ant ridden euc. Normally that would have had it blocked after a tank or two.

(Yer, working on a Sunday - but it was calm and tomorrow is 60kmh)

When I was researching the purchase of a 150, I ran across a climber's board in the UK. One of those guys had this very issue. I think they had devised a 'fix' for it, not sure though.

I'll get online and see what I can find, still in my shed fixing saws anyway

Just read all that and was going to link it, thank you, think I'll be modding them all now just in case

I've not broke mine but, of all things to go light on the clip is not one of them...

On my first outing with a new 150, the oiler got plugged up twice. Seems like the area is vulnerable to chips blocking up oil holes. Good saw....don't quite know yet as l have not put enough hours on it but it does perform fairly well. l don't like the chain catcher and no captive bar nut like the 201. Automatic oiler....not sure on tyat one yet either. I have a dcs231t that l have ran hard for two years which is a pro grade top handle and retails for $369 msrp. lts 23cc and is lighter than the 150 and has an adjustable oiler. Much much better value, thats for sure but l got the rear handle 150 as an ultra light limber for small stuff. The throttle trigger also sucks and is small and makes your finger ache. I have another 231t on the way that l just ordered as the other one fell off the cruiser tray @100kph. l sucked watching it bounce and roll in the review but its fine other than a crack in the clutch cover and chunk off the air filter cover.

Any where in the usa to get that makita???

Not that I could find back when I was shopping for a flyweight. Not sure about Canada.

I think About the closest thing (in weight) in the States is the smallest Echo (271?). I wanted to compare the stihl and the echo side- by- side, in person, but was unable to.

I ordered the stihl sight unseen from a "local" (~30 mi) guy that I like. I REALLY love the little saw for Light work. I need to find out for sure if there's a muffler gasket on the 150. If there is supposed to be, mine went missing during the minor muffler mod. No lack of baroil output on this one, but the chain adjustment on mine can be a little fiddly.

Anybody else having trouble with an ms150t lanyard clip pulling out? It happened once and went back to stihl who fixed it under warranty and also the broken handle from when it hit the deck. The next week it did it again, no damage this time other than a bent bar. This is a company saw that gets used by a couple of climbers. The other two 150s (mine and another climbers) have been fine. Anyone else seen this?
ebfa5b955a043a3e94b120c8550f9430.jpg
Does the climber keep dropping the saw on a chicken line and jerking it repeatedly? Or let it down easy?

Any where in the usa to get that makita???
No they are NOT sold in the US which is a shame as l believe they would be a hit! As far as shipping costs, it would be the cheapest saw to frieght as it IS the lightest gas saw on the market. It is a little less power than the 150 but still has plenty of torque for such a small saw. l run a 10" 3/8 stihl light wieght bar and it makes my 200t feel like a heavy brick. The 200t has a lot more power but would not really cut 2"/4"/6" wood much faster. Like the ms150 if used for what it was designed for the 231t/ms150 are unbeatable for certain tasks. lf ya desperate for one shoot us a pm and l shall return one of umteen favors other members have forwarded me.

Does the climber keep dropping the saw on a chicken line and jerking it repeatedly? Or let it down easy?
Not according to either climber, the first moved past a stem and it came off, it was repaired by stihl then the second said it just fell off his harness...

Using mine in several hedges today, it's a brilliant little saw

Not according to either climber, the first moved past a stem and it came off, it was repaired by stihl then the second said it just fell off his harness...

Using mine in several hedges today, it's a brilliant little saw
Well i had a climber that did that all the time and it broke. As soon as he stopped it did not any more. Watch them it could have been yanked hard. How often did it happen ? Well I would not stand under it :dumb:

I've seen them both climb and didn't think they were hard on stuff, the first climber it happened to I've worked with a fair few times and he's always the same, never dropped his saw, just cut and clip it on the harness, neither let the saw hang and swing around, only pruning with the 150 anyway, wierd

I have my own 200t, there's another owned by the company that I fixed up, the rest are 201s. Two of us own a 150 and there's the company 150 that broke. A few 192ts too, good little saw after I've played with it

Back