MS200t... Got some issues.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrassGuerilla

Olympic Piss-reving wanna be.
Reaction score
I sold my other 200t and figure I could use some of the proceeds to put this one back in shape.

The good: she runs fine. Good compression 155psi+ cold. It's complete.

The bad: chain always spins, not getting any/enough bar oil. Brake flag is broke, but works. And the muffler has a loose floppy piece.

I really don't need a climbers saw, as I don't climb. It is nice to have a top handle around from time to time though. So, that said, would you sell it as is or sink more money in a little if any use saw?

I've never replaced clutch springs. Any magic involved?

How about the oiler? Any sage advice from folks that've dealt with 200t's?

And the muffler issue, I've seen climbers use em like this forever. That doesn't mean it's ok though.

Are these issues easy enough for the ham fisted? Or best left to someone that's been there?

The MS200T is a rippin saw when it is running. The basic design is strong and powerful. Yeah the carbs have issues, the seals don't last long, the muffler falls apart. Never had problems with the brake handle. Clutch springs need replacing every couple of years on any hard use saw. Still, lasts longer than that H brand.

The MS200T is a rippin saw when it is running. The basic design is strong and powerful. Yeah the carbs have issues, the seals don't last long, the muffler falls apart. Never had problems with the brake handle. Clutch springs need replacing every couple of years on any hard use saw. Still, lasts longer than that H brand.
Agreed all my rear handle saws are all orange but the top handles are all orange and white;)

Agreed all my rear handle saws are all orange but the top handles are all orange and white;)
Yeah I'm fine running Husqvarna pro saws (the only one I have left is a 357XP that I hope to sell at the GTG) but the dealer support here is no good. So it is all Stihl for me. I actually like the feel of the Husky top handle saws and even Echo, but they just don't last long. I don't climb much but I have a big fir limbing job coming up and I hope to get an MS150 by then.

I'll take you up on that Wolfie. I made it through the shaft replacement on the ht-101. But that was more like an overgrown hedge trimmer. This top handle design has me scratching my head a little.

Latest posts

Back