Ms200t not getting fuel need help thanks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimace71

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like I'm getting fuel when I first took the carb off and put in a new carb kit the fuel line burst out with a lot of pressure of fuel now every time I take it off there is no fuel in the line yet everything seems okay but I'm not a hundred percent sure

That's a quirk that I have also noticed about the 200T. That fuel line holds pressure a long time, perhaps even several days, and squirts like a small cannon when disconnected from the carb. Eventually it subsides. I keep a paper towel handy.

Welcome to the forum!

Does the saw run OK?
My most recent one did after I rebuilt the carb and then changed out a sliced up intake manifold boot, cut almost all the way around. It never ceases to amaze me how many of these saws are beaten to a pulp by tree trimmers and in so many ways. Half of the bottom panel of this saw was also ripped off and machine screws were missing there. There is no end to what we run into with the 200T.

That's a quirk that I have also noticed about the 200T. That fuel line holds pressure a long time, perhaps even several days, and squirts like a small cannon when disconnected from the carb. Eventually it subsides. I keep a paper towel handy.

Welcome to the forum!
My problem is I thought that was good because I knew it was getting fuel now it wont start at all and there is no pressure built up at all

And when it was running it didn't idle so I was adjusting the carb and not one made a difference in the carb functions
And did you check your all your hoses and 200t's need there crank seals replaced quit often to if there being ran day in and day out intake boots crack often on them to do to crappy design.

And did you check your all your hoses and 200t's need there crank seals replaced quit often to if there being ran day in and day out intake boots crack often on them to do to crappy design.
The crappiest design on that saw is the Carb! Nothing else is bad at all the intake boots tear because climbers pul the **** out of the saw when stuck, break the antivibe bushings and cause too much movement which in turn tears the intake boot. My climbing saw is 6 years old and gets run hundreds of hours and all is still intact including the rubber buffers and even the pull cord. If taken care of you could get 10 or 20 years out of one.

The crappiest design on that saw is the Carb! Nothing else is bad at all the intake boots tear because climbers pul the **** out of the saw when stuck, break the antivibe bushings and cause too much movement which in turn tears the intake boot. My climbing saw is 6 years old and gets run hundreds of hours and all is still intact including the rubber buffers and even the pull cord. If taken care of you could get 10 or 20 years out of one.
Well I must be the lucky one to get the ones that all get hammerd then. Most of the ones I've worked on had bad intake boots or bad crank seals only a few bad carbs and that's about the norm for all saw's not saying your wrong because you are right it's all about how the saw is used and cared for

Well I must be the lucky one to get the ones that all get hammerd then. Most of the ones I've worked on had bad intake boots or bad crank seals only a few bad carbs and that's about the norm for all saw's not saying your wrong because you are right it's all about how the saw is used and cared for
Well I get about one bad boot per 20 saws , lots of seals go bad and almost all the carbs do. I got dozens and dozens of crap carbs sitting in a box.

Well I get about one bad boot per 20 saws , lots of seals go bad and almost all the carbs do. I got dozens and dozens of crap carbs sitting in a box.
Sound like you should have enough carbs to at least make two good ones at least. Lol. Just funnin with you. All tho I wish I had a sack pile of carbs rebuild kits can be cheaper than a new carb pending on wich one you're fixing. Lol

Just for the heck of it I tried the age-old cheap carb fix the last time a 200T showed up dead. I removed the carb and soaked it inside a a glass jar, submerged in mixed fuel for two solid days. Then I put it back in and the saw's engine started and ran normally. Once again, I was in almost in shock that this worked. Usually, I just replace the carb for under $15.

Doesn't seem like I'm getting fuel when I first took the carb off and put in a new carb kit the fuel line burst out with a lot of pressure of fuel now every time I take it off there is no fuel in the line yet everything seems okay but I'm not a hundred percent su

Does the saw leak gas, If so it most likely is from the tank vent, gas line seal to tank or cracked tank.
If you shake the saw and then open the gas cap, there should be pressure escaping if no pressure check vent and tank for crack or seal of gas line at tank exit.

Latest posts

Back