MS200T Power Loss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moto Vita

Moto Vita

ArboristSite Operative
Not too likely. I was wondering if it did it warm or cold , I would like to see if we can eliminate the coil as the problem. On those saws its usually a bad carb , vac leak , then bad compression and in that order. Still waiting for the compression numbers to get posted.

It will start a cut then after a second or two it loses power and bogs, releasing pressure on the cut allows the saw to rev but it seems like there's not enough torque to start cutting again so it bogs immediately when trying.
My compression gauge is 200 miles away so I can't check that right now.

Moto Vita

Moto Vita

ArboristSite Operative
Swapping the bar fixed it. You guys rock! I should have thought of that.
It looks straight to my eyes and the sprocket is fine, it's a well used bar and shows some wear, I assume it must have a little twist to it. I admit to occasional rough use.
So I'm in the market for a 16" bar for 3/8" Picco chain and a new clutch sprocket. I don't have a convenient, decent, Stihl dealer anymore. Are aftermarket parts like Oregon good stuff, or should I make the extra effort to buy Stihl parts?

lone wolf
Swapping the bar fixed it. You guys rock! I should have thought of that.
It looks straight to my eyes and the sprocket is fine, it's a well used bar and shows some wear, I assume it must have a little twist to it. I admit to occasional rough use.
So I'm in the market for a 16" bar for 3/8" Picco chain and a new clutch sprocket. I don't have a convenient, decent, Stihl dealer anymore. Are aftermarket parts like Oregon good stuff, or should I make the extra effort to buy Stihl parts?
Now what are we going to do?:rare2:

Mattyo

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
. AS Supporting Member.
few weeks ago made a 372xpw-g ... nicest saw I've made... charged a usual customer $750 to custom build it... cooked the top end in 10 minutes...siezed. ran the diagnostics, couldn't figure it out. either the carb bolts were a little loose, or the decomp was leaking.

new xpw piston is $80! ... cleaned up the cylinder best I could, runs like a top now. hopefully I don't cook it again. ...so yeah, plenty to fix over here .....AND i'm waiting on parts for other stuff hehe

lone wolf
few weeks ago made a 372xpw-g ... nicest saw I've made... charged a usual customer $750 to custom build it... cooked the top end in 10 minutes...siezed. ran the diagnostics, couldn't figure it out. either the carb bolts were a little loose, or the decomp was leaking.

new xpw piston is $80! ... cleaned up the cylinder best I could, runs like a top now. hopefully I don't cook it again. ...so yeah, plenty to fix over here .....AND i'm waiting on parts for other stuff hehe
Prob the carb bolts.