MS200T rebuild- runs to WOT, returns to idle and dies.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers.
But, unlike over there- 200T's in my neck of the woods down here are a bit like rocking horse poop....... so spare carbs are not laying about like flies on a turd.
But, thank you Sir for taking the time to share your knowledge regarding this very simple fix.
I did not use JB Weld, but a two pot Loctite product- designed as an aluminium repair.

Glad to hear its up and running again, can you post up some pics of the pump and its condition, was it the o ring, or was the brass pump damaged, and what was the bore inside the carb like too ?

Glad to hear its up and running again, can you post up some pics of the pump and its condition, was it the o ring, or was the brass pump damaged, and what was the bore inside the carb like too ?

Sorry, no I cannot.
You see- using the Lonewolf method, you never see the pump piston nor o ring, you pop the welch plug where the fuel exits the piston bore and plug it with epoxy, eliminating that "feature" of the carb.
Not like the other method of removing the e clip and butterfly, throttle shaft, brass plug, pump piston and oring, eliminate oring JB Weld the piston end and drop it back in, then reassemble the lot.
To me, it was just displaying all the symptoms of the usual complaints that are cured by pump elimination and i had kind of hinted all the way through I was going to do it. I mean what is there to loose? If it does not cure the problem, worst case is it just doesn't have an accelerator pump no more...... that and I did trust myself a little to have covered most other possibilities of what it could have been.

Cheers.
But, unlike over there- 200T's in my neck of the woods down here are a bit like rocking horse poop....... so spare carbs are not laying about like flies on a turd.
But, thank you Sir for taking the time to share your knowledge regarding this very simple fix.
I did not use JB Weld, but a two pot Loctite product- designed as an aluminium repair.
Keep an eye on that intake boot, you said aftermarket right?

Keep an eye on that intake boot, you said aftermarket right?

Ah, nope! No way!!
Intake manifold boot is a genuine Stihl part- cost more than twice what the box full of parts I started this project with. All the rubbers were replaced with genuine Stihl parts.
Now, for the same money I could have bought around 80 Farmertec "200 T" manifolds........ but decided to go with just the one genuine one for the same money. ;)

Ah, nope! No way!!
Intake manifold boot is a genuine Stihl part- cost more than twice what the box full of parts I started this project with. All the rubbers were replaced with genuine Stihl parts.
Now, for the same money I could have bought around 80 Farmertec "200 T" manifolds........ but decided to go with just the one genuine one for the same money. ;)
OK good news.

Back