MS210/MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Years ago I had a Subaru WRX that I ran Valvoline Syntec in. I wanted to convert from 2.0 liter to a 2.5 (I didn't have kids then) and I used to dump money into it. I knew the wife wouldn't be super happy about me dumping 5k on a Cosworth engine so I dogged it out pretty good for about 3 years.

AWD+turbo+SmokyMtns=HeckuvaLotta AdReNaLine. . .

LSS: I use synthetic oil anytime I can. Couldn't hurt that motor. Synthetic oil won't break down and burn like conventional oil will. At least Valvoline and Stihl won't. I've gone through a lot of vehicles in my time but haven't lost an engine since switching to synthetic over 10 yrs. ago.

I switched to 40:1 which is .9 of a gallon.....nice man let me know how the 441 works for ya, its strong saw, what bar size you getting it with???
24 and 28! I think. I'm supposed to go over there tamale and check it out!

Hey lux, how is that saw holding up.... I got 2-ms250s coming my way, they look in decent shape, just bad p$c....

Who did you buy your engine from.....was it pre-assembled....was the pan already sealed up or did you seal it yourself...

Ya they are fine for what they are.... There are a lot of carvers and tree services all over the US that use and abuse these everyday....cheap, tough, and if they brake it doesn't brake the bank to replace them!!!!

The aftermarket one came w/ a bronze rod. The 210 did indeed have a stamped pos rod I sheared in half.

Got that 441, btw. Just what the Dr. ordered!

Latest posts

Back