MS241 C-M 18" Bar & Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He should be fired for selling saws under cost.

Just pointing out that the dealership also had to pay freight charges to get the saw to the store.
If it was a saw out of a spring or fall order, the dealer would have gotten free freight.
The object of business is to make money, not sell things at a loss.

He should be fired for selling saws under cost.

Just pointing out that the dealership also had to pay freight charges to get the saw to the store.
If it was a saw out of a spring or fall order, the dealer would have gotten free freight.
The object of business is to make money, not sell things at a loss.

But it's ok for him to say it was my place to pay freight on both saws?

No I didn't get to use it. Incase you missed my other post, the "Stihl Tech" that assembled my saw had put a 0.043 PMM3 chain rated at 2.0 hp on my 0.050 3.1 hp saw. He said Stihl didn't send a chain with it so he used one off the shelf. But when they ordered my saw they ordered two, and the saw my salesman was assembling for me had the PS3 chain. But the mechanic insisted he had "my" saw ready to go. This is the same mechanic that told me the day I ordered it that Stihl didn't make a 241. Then yesterday when we were picking it up, he told me that it didn't have M-Tronic and told my father-in-law that the 241 was built like a Pro saw but wasn't considered a Pro saw by Stihl.

They did have an employee meet me after they closed to give me a chain. I at least got a real chisel chain.

I posted the whole bs story on all the local "what's going on in the area" Facebook pages. I've had several dealers offering me discounts to come to their stores from now on. So I'm going to take them up on it. My contact friend at the Stihl manufacturering plant is the one that told me it was supposed to have a PS3 chain on it when I called him after discovering it had a narrow. Kerf chain.

View attachment 628284

That was quite the reply. For being so long, it's amazing that you seem to have missed my point, or at least chose not to address it. If you want to buy more stuff from Stihl, go for it. I won't try to stop you.

Also, that chain they have you is not a full chisel chain. :)

I run my 241 on a Stihl 1.6mm/.063, 15" mostly, what a weapon of a saw. The only other saw i fell in love with straight away was the outstanding 550xp.

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

As I pointed out on the other thread, the DEALER's cost is @ $450,
so what is up?

I paid $440 + tax. But the salesman said he forgot to charge me freight when he gave me my quote, but I still got it for $440.

Bullchit.

well... Being a chain store like that, the management must not have too good of a grip on things.

The kid ordered a saw {paid shipping}, then sold it to a customer {under his cost}.

He should be fired....

You seem upset by this transaction. I humbly suggest that you let go of your anger.

Back