MS250-Too Much Compression?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet one more question.

I noticed this saw is not a prolific oiler at all. It has a small hole in a metal plate where the oil comes out to hit the bar.

Can I drill the hole out larger for better flow?

That won't help. They don't oil much. There is a higher flow oiler for them.
Where would I find one?

Do you above a PN?

I can't wait to get a good chain on this little saw and actually tune it correctly. I basically ran it super rich to protect things.

Will a tach reading tell me anything about the power difference vs. stock, or do they not correlate at all?

Where would I find one?

Do you above a PN?

I can't wait to get a good chain on this little saw and actually tune it correctly. I basically ran it super rich to protect things.

Will a tach reading tell me anything about the power difference vs. stock, or do they not correlate at all?
Part # 1123 640 3201, you will choke on the $30 price since it's such a small item. The other issue is that it's tough to tell which pump you have already and they require a special tool to install.

Alright.

So I sharpened the chain, which was dull. Hooked a tach up. Leaned it, then richened it to the point where it just 4 stroked a bit out of the cut.

If I can believe the tach, I leaned out to 20,500 rpm. I richened it up and left it at 13,500.

This is a video of me cutting 16" hard sugar maple. 18" .325 bar and RS full chisel yellow chain.

This little saw can throw some chips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do u hear it in the video?

I don't get that "lean" sound in the cut.

It bogs a bit in the cut.

What's up with the 20,500 rpm?

4 stroking means a burble, right?

Should I lean it out, out of the cut, then just richen a bit?

I can't hear a video as well as I can hear the saw right by me. On my saws I don't spend a whole lot of time getting to that "tune" spot, I'd rather have my saws run on the rich side.

this was a stock 025, I had it tuned fairly well but the saw was cold on the first cut and it was a litte doggy.
the last cut it is running pretty good.

Your saw doesnt sound like it is carrying as much rpm in the wood. I would turn it up a little. the stock wot is 14.5k if I remember.
I think you should put the ignition timing back to stock. Run it and get some vid. it may be faster with less advance.

I think you changed too many things at once to know how much you gained.
I would have ported and muffler modded it first
I would have tweaked the port timing if needed.
then look at the carb
then the piston/popup
then the ignition

Don't let me get you down though nice work and great initiative

Back