MS260 Import Cylinder, Need Advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickelmore

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I searched around and really did not find too much info on the import P&C setups that are on fleabay.

I had a lot of things going on and never finished my rebuild of the a MS260. I thought I could clean up the cylinder but it still has some scoring that I don't want to deal with.

I missed out on the stock P&C's that were available around here.

So the question is. Is there any feedback on the companies and the quality of the P&C's on fleabay?

Thanks

you are rolling the dice. you might get a good one, you might get a bad one.

Thanks

Not sure what I am going to do with this saw, so i may just buy a decent piston and ring set up and try to etch the cylinder again.

I was just looking at the cost ratio to replace both.

I appreciate all the advice you professionals have given me, but this is a firewood/trail saw do so the cost of a OEM P & C out weighs the value of the saw.

I am thinking of starting to rebuild some saws for some local guys because the nearest dealer is a waste of time. I collected a ultra sonic cleaner, and i the process of building a vacuum/ pressure tester.

Thanks

I know Matt(MCW) has been impressed with some of the aftermarket cylinders...not sure which ones...hes a good guy,and im sure he would point you in the wright direction.

Cheers Dave

Try one for yourself or get a Meteor from Baileys, as its a project you haven't gotten to, your not using it on a daily basis, even the crapiest aftermarket cyl will last you many moons. If you are a professional that uses your saw daile, oem is the only way to go IMO, the the firewood cutter, some aftermarket, for the city guy firewoodcutter/hobbiest..........will last for years.

I personally wouldn't waste my time putting an aftermarket P/C on a "pro" saw like an 026. Ebay has a good used P/C for only $79 or "make offer". I'd try that route and be confident it'll stay together.

Stihl OEM 026 024 MS 240 260 44mm Piston and Cylinder Assembly No Scoring 1121 | eBay

Don't wanna sound so negative, but I wish AM cylinders had the consistent quality of the OEM stuff, but they don't. I always go for good used OEM over the aftermarket cylinders, even meteor cylinders have been hit or miss just like all the other aftermarket stuff.

Latest posts

Back