MS260 vs. MS310

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Millman

Millman

ArboristSite Operative
Trade in Value

Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said he would give me about $200 for the 310. Maybe a little more after he looks at it. That brings the price of the 361 down to $390. Does that sound pretty reasonable? And what's your take on the Quick Chain Adjuster?

Millman

PS Blood on the ice, when are we going to start winning again??

Just Mow

Just Mow

Don't touch my Willie !!!
Just got off the phone with my dealer. He said he would give me about $200 for the 310. Maybe a little more after he looks at it. That brings the price of the 361 down to $390. Does that sound pretty reasonable? And what's your take on the Quick Chain Adjuster?

Millman

PS Blood on the ice, when are we going to start winning again??

Pretty reasonable.

outdoortype

outdoortype

ArboristSite Guru
Sell it outright or keep it for only 2 bills....

Unless your 310 is in rough shape you should get at least $260-$280 for it. If i could only get $200, I would keep it around for a spare. I had one and it seemed like a durable and pretty powerful saw. I've handle both the 361 & 310 and there isn't a huge difference in weight.

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
I would think you would be nearly as tired running a 361 or 310 the same length of time. The 361 will be getting through the cuts faster so you will be handling the weight of the saw more times then the 310. You will be getting a little extra rest from handling the weight of the saw while the weight is in the cut with a slower saw.
The 260 would be less tiring and would get the job done. I personally prefer a bigger saw at 16 inch log diameters. If you cut up 1 load of logs a year you do not need to be to concerned about wearing your small saw out on big diameter stuff like the pros.
I believe your tecneique will kinda self adjust as to handling your saw easiar the more you use it. Also those muscles get stronger the more you use them.

I mostly prefere the 361 for that size, but in the yard the 372xp also is an option, just for fun.....:)

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Unless your 310 is in rough shape you should get at least $260-$280 for it. If i could only get $200, I would keep it around for a spare. I had one and it seemed like a durable and pretty powerful saw. I've handle both the 361 & 310 and there isn't a huge difference in weight.

"Just" 1lb +, and then you are pretty close to the 372xp, MS440, Dolmar 7900 etc.......:)

The weight statements for the 290 series is not true, according to KWF/DLG test reports, and they don't feel good at all in the hands (only hands-on experiense is the 390).

Last edited: