ms260

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15" sure - 20", depends on your expectations, I would want skip chain.....:censored:

Balance will be bad with a 20" anyway, the nimbleness of that light saw disappears.

16" suits the 260 best.

I'd step up a bit (+60cc) if you regularly need above that.

No. A 16" would be best on a 260. If you need more, you need a 60cc saw or larger. Of course it would work for seldom use, but not for regular use.

What is your opinion on running a 16" with 3/8 pitch on an 026? I was thinking of switching to 3/8 to have a sturdier ES bar, and maybe increasing cutting speed slightly.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

16" bar with 3/8" RSC chain on my 260. Cuts great.

Na.. the doc will tell him to take two 029's, one as an emetic, one as a laxative:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
What is your opinion on running a 16" with 3/8 pitch on an 026? I was thinking of switching to 3/8 to have a sturdier ES bar, and maybe increasing cutting speed slightly.:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I have a 260 pro with a 3/8 and ESS bar and I love that saw. It is light and cuts great. It is my go to saw.

I never really bash the 260, as I actually like it! :givebeer:

....I just point out that there are better alternatives, when it seem appropriate......:cheers:

Doesn't it always..?

My 026 is in pieces right now, if I manage to get it together again (meaning I have no parts left and there seems to be non missing...) and it runs better than before I'll try to do some extra holes in the muffler, and then I re-consider.

Until then I enjoy even my Partner 400 more...

Troll's have a particularly large digestive system... and the 290 will have a long lasting theraputic effect... and in any case the meer sight of two such beauties will mess with his mind :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
Back