ms261 first war wound...picture included (unfortunately it did happen)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingsley

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Here it is guys, my first new saw which now has a noticeable flaw. Maybe it was a weak part in the casting? Don't really know how it broke? I noticed it yesterday when adding oil. I guess it is mine now.
Still really impressed with the power and performance. I have put about 20 tanks of fuel through it. Oh well, now its lighter!
Marty

attachment.php

View attachment 166290

Last edited:
I cant hardly tell whats what, but if im seeing it right Id go ahead and trim the rest of the ear off before it got broke again and maybe did bust the tank. Just a brain fart.

I just checked and the casting is thinner on the 261 than it is on the 260 or 026. Hopefully it's an isolated incident. Still sorry that it happened on your saw though.

If I were you I would just grind the rest of it off and maybe top the edge once smoothed with some white paint. Or just leave it. There was a 441 or something that someone on here shipped to another member in germany and that metal broke off in shipping. consider it decorative. :laugh: I'm not 100% on what the purpose of it is, a dust shield??

Anyways, it's unfortunate, especially on a new saw like that, but from what I've seen it happens all the time.

Edit: I think it was a 362

I guess that lip is to protect the cap from being banged up against stuff. It is a PITA to clean around the cap. Just because the lip is thinner than others does'nt nessesarily mean the case is thinner though. My 066 had the lip broken off. Havent broke any of the others off yet.

Merely a flesh wound;)

Now that the first one is out of the way you can get down and dirty without worry.

Latest posts

Back